Lima to Tumbes Bus
The distance from Lima to Tumbes is 792 mi (1274 km) and travelling on the highway it takes an average of 20 hours. The transportation companies that cover this route are Oltursa, Excluciva, Tepsa and Civa, with a wide variety of bus tickets prices Lima - Tumbes from s/. 60 to s/. 170. The buses leave from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. from the terminals of North and Central Lima, destination to the terminals of Av. Tumbes, main road in Tumbes center. The climate in Tumbes is warm and sub-tropical, with maximum temperatures of 84 °F (29 °C) and minimum of 70 °F (21 °C).
Why book a Lima to Tumbes bus with redBus?
You can also time-to-time redBus offers while booking your bus tickets online from Lima to Tumbes. Follow a simple, fast and secure bus booking procedure. This helps save time and also helps to create a joyful travel experience!
"The City of Kings", as Lima is known, was founded in 1535 by Francisco Pizarro and became the center of Spanish power in Peru, during the colonial period.The urban planning of Lima is one of the colonial models in South America. Lima is known for its social, economical and cultural growth and stands out as the cultural center of Latin America; besides that, Lima is the home of San Marcos National University, the most ancient from America, founded in 1551.Lima is famous for being the viceroyalty capital of Peru and one of the cities most important of South America in the spanish regime period; after its independance in 1821 the city became the republic's capital. Before this period, the Baroque and Neoclassical style took the power on the streets, impregnating those architectural styles in the main constructions. The capital counts a high variety of tourist attractions that combine history and modernity, as you can see on the Historical Center. Another strong point of Lima is the food, there are many restaurants from the 3 Peruvian regions where you can live a complete gastronomical experience, given that the population is multicultural and mostly migrant. Live Peru from one of its corners, and enjoy tasting the culture that Peru offers you!
The history of the first inhabitants of Tumbes dates back to the pre-Incan period and it’s linked to the Tumpis culture, a noted ethnic group of navigators, who reached to be considered the best of the Peruvian North coast. They were also expert sculptors using as main material different mollusk shells species of the region.During the incan period, Tumbes was subdued to the power of the inca Pachacútec, and was transformed into an important administrative center of the incan culture. But it was during the peak of the inca Huayna Cápac control that Tumbes had an strategic relevance, building temples, roads and homes.With the Spanish arrival in 1532, the incan culture and the West culture met in Tumbes territory. Then the Spanish knew for the first time the strength and vitality of the indigenous warriors; some fighted for the possession, while others resisted invasion at the named Combate de los Manglares (Manglares combat). Later, during the Independence war, Tumbes would be the first city to achieve its independence in January the 7th 1821.At the armed conflict of 1941 against the neighbour country Ecuador, the people from Tumbes had an essential role, collaborating actively in the patriotic fight for defending the peruvian sovereignty. It was in 1942 that Tumbes raised as Department category, as recognition to its unconditional support, effort and sacrifice for achieving the victory of the Peruvian nation.
The climate in Tumbes in the summer time is very hot and cloudy. Winter is drier and clearer. Throughout the year, the temperature varies from 21 ° C to 31 ° C and rarely drops below 19 ° C or rises above 32 ° C.
Hotels in Tumbes
In the city of Tumbes there are many tourist activities to do. From knowing the city and its history, to visiting each of its beaches and the magic hidden inside. For this, you can find a diverse range of hotels and lodgings, which will make your stay the best. You can stay in the city and enjoy civilization or you can also stay on beaches like Zorritos or Punta Sal and enjoy days full of sun and sand.
Restaurantes & Bars in Tumbes
Talking about food in Tumbes is an activity that you must do. Flag dishes such as arroz con conchas negras or chupe de cangrejo are definitely a space on the agenda of everyone who visits it. In Tumbes there are a large number of restaurants where you can try these dishes. Whether in the city or on the beaches, you can always find an exquisite alternative where you can try all its gastronomy.
The most tourist places in Tumbes
● Zorritos: It is located in the Contralmirante Villar province and is one of the places with more tourism in Tumbes. The transparent water and the fineness of the golden sand make this coast one of the strongest attractions in local tourism.
● Puerto Pizarro: It is one of the natural sites of Tumbes to visit between May and December. The way to here from Zorritos by bus is less than two hours. Puerto Pizarro has two areas, the Crocodile Zoo and the Isla de los Pájaros.
● Punta Sal: It is one of the main places in Tumbes. It is known for hosting tourists who practice water sports such as surfing or diving.
Important dates in Tumbes
● Corrales Tourist Week: Identity Week was inaugurated in the Corrales district and has been carried out since 2003. The activities that take place this week have the objective of reassessing the cultural and historical aspect of the Tumbes region.
● Carnival festivities: Carnival celebrations are a way to rescue the tradition of each of the towns. It performs an eye-catching carnival thanks to its binational quality, this based on its proximity to Ecuador.
● Homage to the Virgen del Carmen: On July 16 of each year, the festival in honor of the Virgen del Carmen is celebrated in Tumbes. On this date, the entire town of Tumbes pays tribute to the patron saint, the Virgen del Carmen, through various activities.
How to move around Tumbes?
To move in the city of Tumbes you have 2 options.
● Public bus: This is the preferred way for the people because it is cheaper. A ticket to get around the city shouldn't cost you more than 3 soles.
● Taxi: This way is faster in case you want to reach your destination. The rate to be paid will be higher but it will take you directly to your destination.
How to reach Tumbes?
● Tumbes by bus: Traveling to Pucallpa by bus will be a great option if you want to know and observe the entire landscape full of jungle and nature. The duration of the trip, leaving from Lima, lasts approximately 16 hours.
● Tumbes by train: The city of Tumbes does not have a train service in the city.
● Tumbes by plane: Tumbes has the Captain FAP Pedro Canga Rodríguez Airport. It is very important due to the proximity that it has with the spas of Punta Sal and Máncora.
Gastronomy in Tumbes
In the city of Tumbes, you will try delicious dishes such as:
- Arroz con conchas negras.
- Chupe de cangrejo.
Things to buy in Tumbes
The most typical souvenirs that you can buy in Tumbes are:
- Shells curtains
- Animal carvings
Tumbes is located in the extreme northwest of Peru. It is located near the Tumbes river in the Gulf of Guayaquil, 30 km from Ecuador. Has a population of approximately 111595 inhabitants. This city is located in a tropical area, surrounded by pure vegetation. Despite this, temperatures can change according to the Humboldt current.
Lima and Tumbes Terminals
●Terminal Plaza Norte
Bus operators of the route Lima to Tumbes
Tumbes has a great variety of activities to do. If you are a beach lover, this destination is one of the best in the country. Visit its beautiful beaches and try each of its typical dishes.
Looking for cheap tickets from Lima to Tumbes?
Are you thinking about taking a vacation, a business trip or want to visit your family in Tumbes, do not worry! at redBus you can find the best prices from the most important bus companies in Peru, just check the list of companies and schedules that appear in the results and get the best rates with the best low-cost prices so that your trip is not only comfortable and enjoyable but also economical. so do not hesitate and buy your ticket at redBus.
Tips for finding cheap tickets on the Lima to Tumbes
Traveling to Tumbes by day can help you get a cheaper price. If you travel in season when the weather is changing you can also find a cheaper ticket.