Lima was founded in 1535, by the spanish conqueror Francisco Pizarro. It is one of the biggest cities in Latinamerica, and it is known for its extremely delicious food. As main activities, Lima offers museums, parks and very ancient buildings, which contain important and emblematic history.
In summer, the air feels a little hot and, in winter, it is windy and cloudy. During the year, the average temperature varies from 15°C to 27 °C .
Hotels in Lima
● Selina Miraflores Lima
- C. Alcanfores 465, Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
- Price: From USD $9
- Services: Offers shared and private bedrooms. Wi-fi. Hot Water. Breakfast is available.
● Black Llama Hostel
- C. Berlín 259, Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.39.00
- Services: Offers shared and private bedrooms. Wi-fi. Laundry. Includes a free drink.
● Sheraton Lima
- Av. P.º de la Republica 170, Lima, Lima, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.299.00
- Services: Offers single, double and quad rooms. Bar. Restaurant. Air conditioning. Lift. Wi-fi.
Restaurants & Bars in Lima
● El Infusionista
- C. Manuel Bonilla 123, Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.18.00
● La Cuadra de Salvador
- C. Santa Luisa 265, San Isidro, Lima, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.42.00
● La Basilica 640
- Av. Primavera 640, Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru. - Price: From PEN S/.58.00
Tourist Places in Lima
● Larco Museum: Ancient mansion converted into a museum, which contains erotic and pre columbian art. Also, it has its own restaurant.
● Magic Water Circuit: Ideal to have a great time, this place provides led light shows.
● Bridge of Sighs: Iconic 1876 wooden bridge, which offers history and myths.
Important Dates in Lima
● October - During this season, known as the "purple month", people organize processions for "The Lord of Miracles".
● October 31st - The "Día de la Canción Criolla" is a peruvian festivity. The event is celebrated with typical food and music.
How to move around Lima?
● Taxi: Taxis can be requested on an app or in the middle of the street, and the driver will tell you the price before you get the service.
● Bus: Buses have their own route, depending on each one, and they are able to take during the entire day.
● Scooter: Ideal to have fun while travelling. The price is based on the time you spend riding it.
How to reach Lima from Tarma?
The duration of the trip from Tarma to Lima lasts approximately 4 and a half hours, traveling 248 kilometers away.
Gastronomy in Lima:
Dishes that are a must-have:
● Causa a la Limeña
● Lomo Saltado
● Suspiro a la Limeña
Things to buy in Lima:
Things you can buy in Lima to not forget your trip:
Lima is the capital city of Peru. It contains a population of more than 10 million. This beautiul city is next to the Pacific ocean, and was founded on 18 January 1535.
Lima has truly delicious food and history you have to discover. Don't forget to visit it!