The city of Lima is the capital of Peru and has 30% of the total peruvian population, which makes it the most populated city in the entire country. During the pre-Hispanic times, this space was occupied by the Maranga culture and the Lima culture, which would later be conquered by the Wari Empire. From this period, important constructions were built such as Mateo Salado, Pucllana and Huallamarca. During the Viceroyalty era, constructions very similar to Spanish architecture were made, such is the case of the Plaza de Armas, whose position was chose personally by the Spanish Francisco Pizarro. It was also here that it was chosen as capital because its location was very favorable for trade: its distance from the sea was good to favor trade but not enough to suffer pirate attacks.
Distance between Chiclayo and Lima
● The route from Chiclayo to Lima takes about 12 hours. However, this time may vary depending on the bus company and the stops of the transport itself.
Climate in Lima
● The city of Lima is characterized by its sultry and hot weather during the summer season, which takes place between January to mid-April. After this, until mid-December, the weather becomes cool, with slight gusts of cold wind, so the use of a jacket and jacket is recommended. The probability of rain during these last months is quite high, so it is preferable to always carry an umbrella. If the traveler is leaving Chiclayo during the winter season in Lima, we suggest to carry a jacket to avoid a cold.
Hotels in Lima
● Hostal Alpackers
- Address: Av. Ernesto Diez Canseco #480 B, Miraflores.
- Price: From S/105.
- Services: This hotel is very close to the Larcomar Shopping Center, so you can reach it only by walking. The attention of the staff is very good.
● Hotel Esperanza.
- Address: Calle Esperanza # 350, Miraflores.
- Price: From S/146.
- Services: A hotel located one block away from Kennedy Park, perfect for young travelers arriving in Peru with the intention of partying. It offers the basics, including breakfast.
● Habitat Hotel.
Address: Calle Piura # 105, Miraflores.
Price: From S/247.
Services: The rooms are clean and of standard size, ideal for the guest to feel comfortable. The rental of the room includes hot shower, WIFI and breakfast.
● Casa Andina Standard Miraflores Centro.
Address: Av. Petit Thouars # 5444, Miraflores.
Price: From S/260.
Services: Staying here is a luxury and creates a great experience to start the trip well. The service staff is friendly and very attentive, and the hotel is close to a craft market to buy souvenirs.
● NM Lima Hotel.
Address: Av. Pardo and Aliaga # 330, San Isidro.
Price: From S/310.
Services: A great hotel where business meetings are held in a coditian manner. The restaurant inside offers delicious food and the rooms are spacious.
Restaurants & Bars in Lima
● Perroquet Restaurant (Country Club Lima Hotel)
- Address: Calle Los Eucaliptos # 590, Cercado de Lima.
- Price: From S/60.
- Services: Lunch here is a luxury for any visitor. The price definitely reflects the good service and the excellent food.
- Address: Calle José Domingo Choquehuanca # 411, Miraflores.
- Price: From S/25.
- Services: A great place to try new dishes and experiment with Peruvian cuisine. No one should hesitate to come here because the experience is phenomenal.
● Huaringas Bar
- Address: Calle Bolognesi # 460, Miraflores.
- Services: An excellent place to enjoy a delicious pisco sour of passion fruit and mango. Do not hesitate to try the snack menu, which has excellent snacks.
● Piano Bar Munich
- Address: Jirón de la Unión # 1044, Cercado de Lima.
- Services: A great place to have a good time accompanied by excellent music. Enjoy amazing cocktails and enjoy delicious salchipapas.
The most tourist places in Lima
● Parque de la Exposición: It is a park located in the district of Cercado de Lima, inside is the Lima Art Museum. It was designed by the Italian Antonio Leonardi and initially it included all the space of the National Stadium, but now its size has been diminished.There are different recreational activities such as children's theater, paintings, dances, etc. It also has a play area and a small pond where there are fish that can be fed.
● Villa Swamps: It is a natural area located in the district of Chorillos. It is characterized by its wetlands and its diversity of birds. The "Swamps of Villa" can be divided into 3 systems, the biotic, the abiotic and the interaction of the man.
● Maria Reiche Park: The name of this park is dedicated to Maria Reiche, a german woman who dedicated her life to researching the Nazca lines. It is also for this reason that in the park you can find drawings of these same lines.
● Huachipa Zoological Park: The Ate district is well known for this zoo. In addition to the different animals that can be seen here, it is also possible to observe the water treatment process that comes from the Rimac River.
Important dates in Lima
● Fiestas Patrias - July 28: On this special day Peru's independence from the Spanish government is celebrated. A curious fact is that only Peru and Chile use the term "Fiestas Patrias" for these celebrations, other countries use "National Day".
● Feast of the Lord of Miracles - October 18: On this date the famous "Cristo Moreno" is celebrated, this saint comes from an image painted by a slave that according to the faithful stopped the earthquake of 1746. It is usual that, during this month, the faithful wear purple clothes to pay homage.
● Creole Song Day - October 31: It is a long awaited date by Peruvians because the criolla culture is celebrated. Its origin dates from 1944 thanks to the then president Manuel Prado Ugarteche. It was originally going to be celebrated on October 18.
● Lima Anniversary - January 18: A day where Lima is celebrated with parades, concerts and gastronomic fairs. It is usually a day full of activities, which may vary depending on the mayor of the moment.
How to move around Lima?
To move around in the city of Lima, the tourist has 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or the authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides the service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have stops, so it goes straight to the desired destination. You can contact it on the avenue or by calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to reach Lima?
● Lima by bus: You can reach the city of Lima by bus, time and distance will depend on the place of departure. As is the capital of Peru, almost all destinations have an exit to here, so it will not be Hard to find a bus.
● Lima by train: There is currently no direct route to Lima, so going to Lima by train is not yet possible.
● Lima by plane: Arriving in Lima by plane is possible because the capital has the Jorge Chavez International Airport. Of course, to travel to Lima by plane you must start from a destination that has an airport too.
Terminals in Chiclayo and Lima
● Terminal Bolognesi (Av. Francisco Bolognesi)
● Terminal Los Incas (Av. Los Incas).
● Terminal Chiclayo (Av. Augusto Leguía).
● Terrapuerto Plaza Norte Chiclayo (Av. Augusto B. Leguía)
● Terminal Vicente de la Vega (Av. Vicente de la Vega).
● Terminal Linea (Av. Bolognesi).
● Terminal Terrestre Ormeño (Av. Raul Haya de la Torre).
● Terminal Miguel Grau (Av. Miguel Grau)
● Terminal Plaza Norte.
● Terminal La Victoria (Av. Paseo de la Republica).
● Terminal La Victoria (Av. 28 de Julio)
● Terminal Nicolás Arriola (Av. Nicolás Arriola).
● Terminal La Victoria (Av. Luna Pizarro).
● Terminal San Isidro (Av. Andrés Aramburú).
● Terminal Tomas Valle (Av. Tomas Valle).
● Terminal Excluciva (Av. Javier Prado Este).
Operators that work on the route Chiclayo - Lima
● America Express.
● Transportes Via.
● Wari Palomino.
● TERRAmovil Peru.
● Sajy Bus.
● Movil Bus.
● Cruz del Norte.
● Transportes Via.
● Ittsa Bus.
● Turismo Cautivo.
● Turismo Dias.