Tarapoto, founded on 20 August 1782, contains different types of plants, trees and nature. It has more than 200 thousand people living in its metropolitan area, where you can find restaurants and exciting places.
Tarapoto is a city in the middle of the jungle, and the average temperature goes from 20 °C to 37 °C. Summer (December-March) is rainy, that is the reason why the best moment to visit it is from May to September.
Hotels in Tarapoto
● Coconut Tarapoto
- Av. Oasis 399, Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.710.00
- Services: A tropical resort with relaxing room. Pool. Air conditioning. Hot tub. Wi-fi.
● Hotel Suisui
- Av. Lima 579, Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.74.00
- Services: Three star hotel. Bar. Gym. Breakfast is included.
● Hotel Central
- Jr. Progreso 551, Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.96.00
- Services: Ideal to relax and go with your family. Rooftop. Bar. Pool. Restaurant.
Restaurants & Bars in Tarapoto
● La Patarashca
- Jr. Lamas 261, Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.41.00
● Restaurant Doña Zully
- Calle Antonio Raimondi 315, Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.28.00
- Jr. Lamas 222, Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.15.00
Tourist Places in Tarapoto
● Ahuashiyacu Waterfall: A refreshing place to do sports and trekking.
● Tambo Ilusión: An area to do yoga, cooking lessons and meditation.
● Tarapoto Main Square: Ideal to go with your family.
Important Dates in Tarapoto
● 20th August - It is the anniversary of Tarapoto. The municipality invites people to be part of the activities they prepare, related to sports, arts and culture.
How to move around Tarapoto?
● Taxi: It is pretty easy to take one in the middle of the street.
● Bus: They have different routes that travel around Tarapoto, being the cheapest way to travel around the city.
● Mototaxi: A motorcycle with three wheels, whose service costs less than the one a taxi offers.
How to reach Tarapoto from Chiclayo?
Tarapoto by bus: Travelling from Chiclayo to Tarapoto takes aproximately 14 hours.
Gastronomy in Tarapoto
Delicious local food:
● Tacacho con cecina
● Juane de gallina
Things to buy in Tarapoto
Souvenirs from Tarapoto:
Santa Cruz de los Motilones de Tarapoto, also known as Tarapoto, is a city located in the peruvian jungle. It has more than 200 thousand people and was founded on 20 August 1782.
You can have an adventure and eat deliciously in Tarapoto, it is your time to visit it!