Lima to Pucallpa Bus
The distance from Lima to Pucallpa is 471 mi (758 km) and the travel on the highway takes about 16-20 hours (it’s a long way, but you have some advantages). The terrestrial transportation companies Tepsa, TSP and Movil Bus cover this route, providing bus tickets for the bus Lima - Pucallpa from s/. 80 to s/. 140. The buses leave from 1:10 p.m. a 5:20 p.m. from the terminals of North and Center of Lima, destination to the terminal of Av. Centenario or the street Las Gardenias, main road from where you can access to the main tourism points of the city. Pucallpa is part of the eyebrow of the jungle, that’s why the climate is tropical and very warm, with sunshine most of the year and torrential rains that refresh sometimes the environment, with temperatures that average 86 °F (30 °C). You should bring your raincoat and sunscreen, don’t you forget it!
Why book a Lima to Pucallpa bus with redBus?
You can also time-to-time redBus offers while booking your bus tickets online from Lima to Pucallpa. Follow a simple, fast and secure bus booking procedure. This helps save time and also helps to create a joyful travel experience!
"The City of Kings", as Lima is known, was founded in 1535 by Francisco Pizarro and became the center of Spanish power in Peru, during the colonial period.The urban planning of Lima is one of the colonial models in South America. Lima is known for its social, economical and cultural growth and stands out as the cultural center of Latin America; besides that, Lima is the home of San Marcos National University, the most ancient from America, founded in 1551.Lima is famous for being the viceroyalty capital of Peru and one of the cities most important of South America in the spanish regime period; after its independance in 1821 the city became the republic's capital. Before this period, the Baroque and Neoclassical style took the power on the streets, impregnating those architectural styles in the main constructions. The capital counts a high variety of tourist attractions that combine history and modernity, as you can see on the Historical Center. Another strong point of Lima is the food, there are many restaurants from the 3 Peruvian regions where you can live a complete gastronomical experience, given that the population is multicultural and mostly migrant. Live Peru from one of its corners, and enjoy tasting the culture that Peru offers you!
The name of this city comes from the quechua language and means red-colored land, a definition that corresponds with its red landscapes. It’s considered the second most important fluvial port of the Amazonia.Pucallpa was colonized in 1840 by franciscan missionaries. During several years it was a little settlement isolated from the country.It was founded on May the 23rd 1833, during the rubber fever.In 1945 Pucallpa was connected with Tingo Maria by land.
In Pucallpa, the summer season is very short, very hot and partly cloudy. Winter is also short, hot and cloudy. Throughout the year, the temperature varies from 21 ° C to 32 ° C and very rarely can it drop below 18 ° C or, conversely, rise above 35 ° C.
Hotels in Pucallpa
In the city of Pucallpa, each tourist who visits has a large number of destinations to visit. For this, you must have a place to stay. This city offers all that and more. Pucallpa has a great variety of hotels and lodgings inside. You can book a night in the city and enjoy its activities, as well as, you can embed yourself in the jungle and spend the night there.
Restaurantes & Bars in Pucallpa
Pucallpa also has a great amount of gastronomic riches. You can not stop trying a picadillo de paiche or timbuche. These local dishes, mostly fish, are served throughout the city. For this reason, Pucallpa has several restaurants where you can eat and enjoy its gastronomy, either in the city or on the outskirts of it.
The most tourist places in Pucallpa
● Pucallpa Cathedral: The Cathedral is located in the Plaza de Armas. This cathedral is important not only for its size but also for the architecture that stands out from the other buildings. It was inaugurated on December 8, 2005.
● Plaza de Armas de Pucallpa: The Plaza de Armas is located in the heart of Pucallpa. In the center you can see an obelisk and an ornamental pool. This square is the center of the city and national and international tourists visit it at all times.
If you are walking around it, do not forget to refresh yourself with a delicious ice cream from its many ice cream parlors that are found in this square.
● Yarinacocha Lagoon: The Yarinacocha Lagoon is located 30 minutes from the city center. In addition, it is considered one of the largest lagoons in the Peruvian jungle.
Nearby areas where native communities live can be seen and can be seen.
Important dates in Pucallpa
● Ucayalino Carnival: It is a carnival full of typical dance competitions around the humisha or cortamonte. During the party, it is a matter of choosing the queen of the carnival and parades are held with traditional comparsas and parades of allegorical cars.
● Feast of Saint John: This celebration is held towards Saint John the Baptist. Visitors usually take walks in the open air to bathe in its gorges, rivers, beaches and lagoons, hoping to be welcomed by that miraculous cloak. Activities are also carried out such as, fashion show, dance performances and fireworks.
● Jubilee Week: The city's anniversary is celebrated with a series of activities. Walks of allegorical cars, expoirs, parades or gastronomic fair are some of which people and communities come together to perform.
How to move around Pucallpa?
To move in the city of Pucallpa you basically have 2 options.
● Public bus: This form is the most popular by people. It has an important economic aspect since the passage is cheaper than other means of transport.
● Taxi: It is the fastest way to get to the destination. On the economic side, you will have to pay a little more to purchase this service.
How to reach Pucallpa?
● Pucallpa by bus: Traveling to Pucallpa by bus will be a great option if you want to get to know and observe the entire landscape full of jungle and nature. The duration of the trip, leaving from Lima, lasts approximately 16 hours.
● Pucallpa by train: Pucallpa does not have a train service within its city.
● Pucallpa by plane: The city of Pucallpa has the Captain FAP David Abensur Rengifo International Airport. It is also called as Pucallpa Airport and is located 5.5km from the city of Pucallpa.
Gastronomy in Pucallpa
In the city of Pucallpa, you will try delicious dishes such as:
- Picadillo de paiche.
Things to buy in Pucallpa
The most typical souvenirs that you can buy in Pucallpa are:
- Embroidered looms
- Mocahuas miniatures
- Necklaces of Huayruros
Pucallpa is located in the eastern central part of Peru on the banks of the Ucayali River. It has a population of approximately 211,611 inhabitants, this makes it the tenth most populous city in the country. The city of Pucallpa was colonized by Franciscan missionaries in the 1840s. For a long time this city was kept away from the rest of the country by the Andes Mountains. In 1909 contracts were signed to connect the city with the country through the Central Railroad.
Lima and Pucallpa Terminals
●Terminal Plaza Norte
Bus operators of the route Lima to Pucallpa
If you are looking for a place to find rivers and nature in all its splendor, Pucallpa should be one of your first options. Dare to be part of nature and visit this magical city.
Looking for cheap tickets from Lima to Pucallpa?
Are you thinking about taking a vacation, a business trip or want to visit your family in Pucallpa, do not worry! at redBus you can find the best prices from the most important bus companies in Peru, just check the list of companies and schedules that appear in the results and get the best rates with the best low-cost prices so that your trip is not only comfortable and enjoyable but also economical. so do not hesitate and buy your ticket at redBus.
Tips for finding cheap tickets on the Lima to Pucallpa
Visiting Pucallpa in low season, guarantees you to find cheaper tickets. Wait this season and secure your tickets at a better price.