Paita, founded on March 30, 1532 by Francisco Pizarro, is a Peruvian city located in the department of Piura. In it, more than 120 thousand people live, and it is recognized for its beautiful beaches and water activities. It also includes exquisite dishes mainly from the sea.
Paita has a dry climate throughout the year, where the temperature varies between 17 °C to 28 °C.
Hotels in Paita
● Hotel Nautico de Paita
- Jr. Hermanos Carcamo 302, Paita, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.76.00
- Services: Child-friendly hotel with balconies and access to the beach. It offers Wi-fi to its customers.
● Hotel Marina Del Bay
- Jr. Hermanos Carcamo, Paita, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.92.00
- Services: Hotel with air conditioning and parking. It has internet, a restaurant and a shuttle service from the airport. It includes breakfast.
Restaurants & Bars in Paita
- Los Carcamo 124, Paita, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.35.00
● La Taberna Paita
- Jr. Tarata 113, Paita, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.10.50
● El Trébol
- Zanjon 400, Paita, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.19.00
Tourist Places in Paita
● Playa El Toril: Ideal for sunbathing with friends, swimming in the sea and bird watching.
● Malecón of Paita: Characteristic of the place, it promises unforgettable photos and a walk in places where you can buy souvenirs.
● House of Manuelita Sáenz: Ideal to learn more about the history of Peru. Inside the house you can see 2 paintings of Manuelita.
Important Dates in Paita
● September 24th - In the Fiesta de la Virgen de Las Mercedes, thousands of people visit the sanctuary of the virgin "Mechita" to adore her through a procession.
How to move around Paita?
● Taxi: Private service cars that will take you wherever you want.
● Bus: The cheapest means of transportation, whose stops are at various points.
How to reach Paita from Lima?
The journey time from Lima to Paita lasts approximately 17 hours, on a journey of 1069 kilometers.
Gastronomy in Paita
Food that is delicious:
● Arroz con mariscos
Things to buy in Paita
Things you can buy as a souvenir:
Paita, also known as San Francisco de Paita de la Buena Esperanza, is a city located in the department of Piura, in Peru. This welcomes more than 120 thousand people, and has an extension of 1,768.65 square kilometers. It was founded by Francisco Pizarro on March 30, 1532.
If you are looking for relaxation and getting out of the ordinary, Paita should be on your list of destinations.