The city of Coracora, founded in the 16th century, is known for its national historical importance. It is part of the province of Parinacochas, in the department of Ayacucho, in Peru. The main economic activity is trade, as well as livestock and tourism. Its main tourist activities are artistic murals, natural and religious spaces.
The temperature in Coracora is generally cold throughout the year, showing a range of 4 °C to 23 °C.
Hotels in Coracora
● Hotel La Villa de Roel
- Jr Manco Capac 513, Coracora, Ayacucho, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.109.00
- Services: Child-friendly hotel with internet connection and excellent location.
● Hostal Capac
- Jr. La Mar 498, Coracora, Ayacucho, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.44.00
- Services: Child-friendly hostel. It has room service, Wi-fi and paid parking.
● Pariona Wasi
- Jr. Mariano Melgar 622, Coracora, Ayacucho, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.53.00
- Services: Hotel with spacious rooms and Wi-fi.
Restaurants & Bars in Coracora
● El Punto Picante de Coracora
- Esquina Jr. La Mar Y Castilla, Coracora, Ayacucho, Peru.
- Precio: Desde PEN S/.15.00
● Polleria "Como en casa"
- Av. La cultura, Coracora, Ayacucho, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.15.00
Tourist Places in Coracora
● Coracora Church: Place that houses the religion of the place, ideal for those who seek to learn historical facts.
● Santa Clara Thermal Baths: Perfect for those seeking improvements to their skin, or simply a moment of relaxation.
● Coracora Mural: Ideal for taking pictures with friends and family.
Important Dates in Coracora
● August - The oldest musical tradition in this place is the Water Festival, which is celebrated to the rhythm of local music.
How to move around Coracora?
● Taxi: Private service cars that will take you wherever you want.
● Bus: The cheapest means of transportation, whose stops are at various points.
How to reach Coracora from Lima?
The journey has an estimated duration of 12 hours.
Gastronomy in Coracora
What you have to eat:
● Cuy Chactado
● Ponche de almendras
● Batido de Coracora
Things to buy in Coracora
Memories not to forget your journey:
Coracora is a city located in the department of Ayacucho. More than 10,000 people live in this city, standing at 3,175 meters above sea level.
To escape, take a break and eat deliciously, visit Coracora in Ayacucho.