Chiclayo, founded on 18 April 1835, is known for its wood and its sculptures, unifying three principal districts: Chiclayo, La Victoria and Jose Leonardo Ortiz, while the Metropolitan area of Chiclayo is conformed by twelve Metropolitan districts. As main activities, Chiclayo has museums, sculptures, archaeological spaces, scential for peruvian history.
Chiclayo´s summer is shorter than its winter, with a dry weather during the entire year. The average temperature varies from 16 °C to 31 °C, and it is recommended to visit it from May to October.
Hotels in Chiclayo
● Winmeier Hotel
- Av. Francisco Bolognesi 756, Chiclayo, Lambayeque, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.177.00
- Services: Five star hotel. Wi-fi. Pool. Air conditioning. Hot tub.
● Hotel Plazza
- Vicente de la Vega 843, Chiclayo, Lambayeque, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.82.00
- Services: Three star child-friendly hotel. Hot tub. Wi-fi. Includes breakfast.
● Casa Andina Select Chiclayo
- Federico Villarreal 115, Chiclayo, Lambayeque, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.282.00
- Services: Gym. Bar. Pool. Big rooms. Breakfast is able.
Restaurants & Bars in Chiclayo
- Av. Jose Balta 399, Chiclayo, Lambayeque, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.39.00
● Hebrón Restaurant & Grill
- Av. Jose Balta 605, Chiclayo, Lambayeque, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.60.00
● Café 900
- Manuel Maria Izaga 900, Chiclayo, Lambayeque, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.57.00
Tourist Places in Chiclayo
● Paseo de las Musas: Situated in the middle of the city, the muses will wait for you to take pictures. The place is inspired in the greek mythology, with sculptures made by Miguel Angel Diaz.
● Tucume Pyramids: A group of 26 pyramids build in 1000, being one of the most important places in the archeological field.
● Museo de Tumbas Reales: Contains the legacy of the mochica culture, and its representant, the "Señor de Sipán". You are able to see a thousand objects made of gold, silver, clay and copper.
Important Dates in Chiclayo
● April 18th - Anniversary of the province of Chiclayo is celebrated, with music and delicious food dishes.
● July 22nd - In the "Fiesta del Divino Niño del Milagro", people congregate in the parishes. The devotion is still growing among people from Chiclayo.
How to move around Chiclayo?
● Taxi: A private service that is all around the city.
● Bus: It is economic and its stops can be found in every corner.
How to reach Chiclayo from Sullana?
Chiclayo by bus: Travelling from Sullana to Chiclayo takes aproximately 4 hours.
Gastronomy in Chiclayo
Famous dishes from this city:
● Causa a la chiclayana
● Arroz con pato
Things to buy in Chiclayo
Peculiar things you can buy in Chiclayo:
● Wooden utensils
● Straw hats
Santa Maria de los Valles de Chiclayo, located in northen Peru, is the fifth most populous with a population of 600 000 aproximately.
Chiclayo offers culture and magic, include it in your intinerary.