● Carpishuyacu Waterfall: This beautiful waterfall is a favorite of nature lovers. To get there you must embark on a 45-minute walk and you must be very careful because the stones are slippery due to the water. Also, upon entering you will have the possibility to see the hot springs of San José.
● Pucayaquillo Waterfall: Another good option to enjoy nature in Tarapoto. This waterfall is not as deep as others in the city, but that does not make it less spectacular. You can bathe here if you have brought your bathing clothes, do not forget to take photos!
● Huacamaillo Waterfall: To get here, you must walk for about 2 hours. It is an arduous road, but certainly very rewarding when you see the view of this natural landscape. During the walk, you may see the Huacamaillo pool or the Cumbaza river, and it is the perfect opportunity to stop and take a great dip.
● Lamas: Also called "Folk Capital of the Region": It is the territory and home of the Wayku community. Here there are different tourist places to visit such as the Indigenous Museum or the Castle of Lamas, a construction with medieval architecture that promises a great view.
● Laguna Azul: Despite its name, its water is not blue, but an emerald green color that in the distance acquires the blue hue. You can find it in the district of Sauce and you must reach it through a public bus or a bus. If you want to stay more nights, no problem! There are hotels that will make your stay easier.