Why book a Chiclayo to Santa Cruz bus with redBus?
Santa Cruz is a province within the department of Cajamarca, officially created in 1950 during the government of the President Manuel Odría. It currently has 11 districts, including one with the same name, and more than 37,164 inhabitants.
Time of travel from Chiclayo to Santa Cruz
A trip by bus from Chiclayo to Santa Cruz takes around 3 hours and 30 minutes, however, it must be taken into account that this time may vary due to various factors (such as weather, for example).
Climate of Santa Cruz
In Santa Cruz there is a cool climate, excellent if you want a destination to relax without inconvenience. The average annual temperature is usually between 16°C and 18°C, June being the coldest month. The rain here is strong during March and April, but falls from June and August.
Hotels in Santa Cruz
● Hotel Rasec Pimentel
- Price: From S/148
- Address: Manuel Seoane Pimentel Street - # 803, Pimentel 14000 Peru
- Services: This hotel gives you the possibility to walk among nature and relax with its wonderful landscapes and its charming river
● Hotel Los Andes
- Price: From S / 54
- Address: Jr. Comercio 869, Cutervo Peru
- Services: A hotel near the beach allows you to spend a very pleasant time and rest as a family.
● Great Hostal El Wicho
- Address: JJr. Chanchamayo 1391, Cajamarca Peru
- Services: This hotel allows its guests to interact more with the culture of the place, as it is close to different places of interest in the area.
Restaurants & Bars in Santa Cruz
● Om Gri
- Address: Jr. Amazonas 858, Cajamarca, Peru
- Services: A place famous for its pasta and lasagna but without a doubt the recommended dish for those who go for the first time is the Tabasco prepared by the owner of the place.
● Ta Buenazo Restaurant
- Address: Calle Jacarandas 127, Chiclayo 074, Peru
- Services: The ideal place to eat a good hamburger in a relaxed atmosphere. It is a project of some young entrepreneurs that will surprise you.
● Piuranas hands
- Address: Av. Salaverry No 953, Chiclayo 14000, Peru
- Services: Delicious and cheap, this is how customers define this place. Without doubt the most striking dish and that
● The Champions Restaurant
- Address: Avenida Chinchaysuyo 1315, Chiclayo 14000, Peru
- Services: This place stands out for its ceviches and rice with seafood, with very nice preparations and at very good prices. Fish Macho is one of the most recommended dishes.
The most tourist places in Santa Cruz
● Chancaybaños Reserved Zone: It is an area that receives many tourists due to hot springs. In addition to these healing waters, many animals of the area are also found here.
● Ushcopishgo Grottoes: A place for you to live many adventures beneath the earth.
● Poro Poro Rock Paintings: Located on the hill El Calvario de Catache, a district of Cajamarca. Here you can see paintings of anthropomorphic figures.
Important city dates of Santa Cruz
● February: This month the incredible Carnivals of Cajamarca take place. It is a celebration where all the inhabitants gather to dance and sing to the rhythm of the music.
● April: Holy Week is a traditional celebration throughout Peru, so Santa Cruz is no exception. During this week different masses are held in honor of Jesus.
● September: In the celebration of the Virgin of the Nativity, this representation of the virgin is worshiped. Among the activities carried out are the Awakened Mass and the procession.
How to move around Santa Cruz?
To move in Santa Cruz, tourist have 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides a service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have whereabouts, so it goes straight to the desired destination. They can be contacted on the avenue itself, calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Santa Cruz?
● Santa Cruz by bus: Due to the number of travelers arriving in Santa Cruz, many transport companies have it among their destinations. If you want to schedule your trip, just check the bus company you want and check if you have Santa Cruz as your destination.
● Santa Cruz by train: There is currently no train arriving in Santa Cruz due to the few rails available in Perú.
● Santa Cruz by plane: Santa Cruz doesn’t have its own airport and therefore a direct flight cannot be made. The option we recommend is to reach Cajamarca and then take a bus to Santa Cruz.
Terminals in Chiclayo and Santa Cruz
Terminal de Salida
● Terminal Terrestre Ormeno.
Terminal de Llegada
● Terminal Santa Cruz.
Operators of the route Chiclayo to Santa Cruz
● Transportes Pasamayo.