Talara, with approximately 130 thousand inhabitants, is the capital of the district of Pariñas, of the province of Talara in the department of Piura, in Peru. Its mayor is José Alfredo Vitonera Infante and it is connected by land with the Panamericana Norte. Its most recognized attractions include beaches, squares and maritime gastronomic delights.
Talara has hot and cloudy summers, while winters are windy. Throughout the year there is a dry climate, where the temperature varies between 17 °C and 31 °C.
Hotels in Talara
● Casa Andina
- Av. Bolognesi 143-145, Talara, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.293.00
- Services: Three-star pet-friendly hotel. It offers Wi-fi, gym and air conditioning. Breakfast is included.
● Casa Talara
- Pq. Industrial Mz. B Lot 7, Z.I Parcel D, Talara, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.65.00
- Services: Pet and child-friendly hotel. It offers transportation from the airport and internet connection. It does not include breakfast.
● Hotel El Angolo
- Av. Aviación, Talara, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.228.00
- Services: Three-star hotel with comfortable rooms. It puts at your disposal Wi-fi, air conditioning, swimming pool and parking. Breakfast is included.
Restaurants & Bars in Talara
● Restaurant Costa Norte
- Mercado Central - Exterior 17, Talara, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.22.00
● La Pecatta MIA
- Av. Bolognesi 58, Talara, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.32.00
● Paveria El Yetty
- Av. Parque 34, Talara, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.42.00
Tourist Places in Talara
● Cristo Petrolero Viewpoint: Religious steel figure that points to the town, ideal for taking pictures.
● La Inmaculada Church: This temple has quite striking decoration, highlighting its imposing main altar, where you can see an altarpiece made up of six bodies.
● Lobitos Beach: Ideal place to relax and take a dip with friends or family.
Important Dates in Talara
● March 17th - The anniversary of the province is celebrated to the rhythm of music and with the flavors of the town.
How to move around Talara?
● Taxi: Private service cars that will take you wherever you want.
● Bus: The cheapest means of transportation, whose stops are at various points.
How to reach Talara from Trujillo?
The duration of the journey from Trujillo to Talara lasts 6 and a half hours in average, covering a distance of 421 kilometers.
Gastronomy in Talara
Food you have to try:
● Seco de cabrito
Things to buy in Talara
What you can buy to remember Talara:
Talara, with approximately 130 thousand inhabitants, is the capital of the district of Pariñas, of the province of Talara in the department of Piura, in Peru. It is located 15 meters above sea level.
If you are looking for fun on the beach and getting out of the city, come to Talara!