Trujillo to Huaura Bus
The travel from Trujillo to Huaura takes about 6 hours and is at a distance of 254 mi (409 km) on the highway. The terrestrial transportation company Civa covers this route, providing bus tickets from s/. 63 to s/. 86. Buses leave at 9:00 p.m. from the Av. Del Ejército, in the center of Trujillo, destination to the terminl of Av. San Martín, main road of Huaura city. The climate of Huaura is characterised for being desert and humid (due to the proximity to the coastal area), with an average temperature of 66 °F (19 °C).
Why book a Trujillo to Huaura bus with redBus?
You can also time-to-time redBus offers while booking your bus tickets online from Trujillo to Huaura. Follow a simple, fast and secure bus booking procedure. This helps save time and also helps to create a joyful travel experience!
Trujillo was founded in 1534 by Diego de Almagro, under the name “Villa of Truxillo”. With the passing of time Trujillo would consolidate as one of the most important cities of the Peruvian viceroyalty, for being an administrative and commercial center, essential for the colonial system. During the independence period, Trujillo had a relevant role on Peru’s Independence, what gave the surname of “Ciudad Benemérita y Fidelísima a la Patria” (“Meritorious city and Faithful to the Homeland”). Besides that, it was the first city to break free from Spain. During the 19th century, and later that the Moche and Chicama valleys emerged as settlements of the sugar industry and the economy grew, new residents came to the city; mostly were european immigrants, what contributed to the development of a local esthetic, since the constructions took breathing from the neoclassical style.
The first farmers that dominated the plains around the Huaura river where the ones that created the original Huaura settlement during pre-hispanic times. The life of this inhabitants was influenced by the rule of the Wari, Chanchay, Chimú and Inca civilization, which expanded to the area. During the Spanish incursion of the XVIth century, the valley was conquered and came to be divided into several encomiendas, although it kept a urban center which will support the spanish families that would come in the future. Viceroy Luis de Velasco gave the town the title of Villa de Carrión de Velasco (1597). The 12th of November of 1820, the Independentist Army arrived in the area with the objective of installing troops in the nearby haciendas. The 27th of november of that same year, Don José de San Martín proclaimed the Independence from the Duke San Carlos Balcony, now known as the Huaura Balcony, near 1 year before of the official proclamation of the Peruvian Independence. The locality of Huaura was declared as historical in 1954, due to the events of the Independence Campaign.