Trujillo is a city located in the province of La Libertad, in Peru. It was founded on March 5, 1535, and is located 34 meters above sea level. It is recognized for housing the historical past of different Peruvian cultures. Among its main activities is the visit to squares and spaces full of history.
Summers are muggy and winters are more comfortable. The temperature generally ranges from 17 °C to 26 °C.
Hotels in Trujillo
● Hotel Costa del Sol
- Jr. Independencia 485, Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.315.00
- Services: Four-star hotel with an excellent location. It offers internet connection, outdoor pool, air conditioning and heating. The rate includes breakfast.
● Due Hotel
- C. Sinchi Roca 179, Urb Vista Alegre, Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.112.00
- Services: Child-friendly two-star hotel. It covers room service and pick up from the airport.
● Great Recreo Hotel
- Jr. Estete 460, Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.101.00
- Services: Four-star pet-friendly hotel. It offers Wi-fi, parking and air conditioning. It includes breakfast.
Restaurants & Bars in Trujillo
● El Celler de Cler
- Jr. Independencia 588, Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.60.00
● Restaurant Squalos
- Diaz de Cien Fuegos, Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.55.00
● Cavia Restaurant
- Av. Teodoro Valcarcel 639, Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.31.00
Tourist Places in Trujillo
● Chan Chan: Nine small citadels whose streets lead into wide spaces, ideal for learning about the history of the Chimú culture.
● La Huaca del Sol: Part of the Moche culture, ideal to go with friends and discover the country's archaeological past.
● Plazuela El Recreo: houses the old pool that was originally located in the Plaza Mayor. A place to relax and walk.
Important Dates in Trujillo
● August 15th - The Assumption of Mary is of religious origin and reminds its followers of the act of the same name of the celebration to, in this way, meet God.
How to move around Trujillo?
● Taxi: A private service that is all around the city.
● Bus: It is economic and its stops can be found in every corner.
How to reach Trujillo from Talara?
The duration of the journey from Talara to Trujillo lasts 8 hours and a half, covering a distance of 550 kilometers.
Gastronomy in Trujillo
Dishes that represent this place:
● Sopa teóloga
● Frito trujillano
Things to buy in Trujillo
What you can buy to remember this place:
Trujillo is a city located in the department of La Libertad. It has more than a million inhabitants, and it was founded on March 5, 1535.
A very inhabited city with many cultures in one place? Dare to know Trujillo.