Jaen is the capital of the district and province with the same names, located in the province of Cajamarca, in northern Peru. It was founded on April 10 1549, by Captain Diego Palomino. It is recognized for its original oils, as well as for its landscapes and cultural history.
The best season to visit Jaen is from May to September. Throughout the year, the temperature varies between 17 °C to 32 °C.
Hotels in Jaen
● Hostal Las Palmeras
- C. Torre Tagle 108, Jaen, Cajamarca, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.47.00
- Services: Offers simple and familiar bedrooms. Wi-fi. Wardrobe. Private bathroom.
● Urqu Hotel
- El Huito, Av. La Colina, Jaen, Cajamarca, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.191.00
- Services: Ideal to go with your family. Spa. Restaurant. Pool. Karaoke. Holiday discounts. Breakfast is included.
● Hotel Santorini
- C. Las Betanias 231, Jaen, Cajamarca, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.53.00
- Services: Child-friendly hotel. Private bathroom. Balcony. It is possible to order an à la carte or continental breakfast.
Restaurants & Bars in Jaen
● Restaurante Cultural Bracamoros
- Antonio Raimondi 650, Jaen, Cajamarca, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.25.00
● La Cabaña
- San Martin 1521, Jaen, Cajamarca, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.32.00
● Recreo Restaurant Rico Pez
- San Martin 1642, Jaen, Cajamarca, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.45.00
Tourist Places in Jaen
● Jaen Cathedral: Representative of religious people in Jaen, where masses and special ceremonies are celebrated.
● Hermogenes Mejia Solf Regional Museum: Space to discover the history of the Peruvian Amazon, with sculptures and iconic pieces.
● Gotas de Agua Dry Forest: A good place to walk, get to know the flora and fauna through beautiful landscapes. Nature abounds and it is ideal to go with friends.
Important Dates in Jaen
● June 4th - Jaen's independence is celebrated through civic activities by citizens.
How to move around Jaen?
● Taxi: A private service that is all around the city.
● Bus: It is economic and its stops can be found in every corner.
How to reach Jaen from Piura?
Jaen by bus: Travelling from Piura to Jaen takes aproximately 6 hours.
Gastronomy in Jaen
Local dishes you have to try:
● Picante de papa con cuy frito
● Chicharron con mote
Things to buy in Jaen
Souvenirs to buy:
● Straw hats
Jaen, also known as San Leandro de Jaen or Jaen De Bracamoros, is the capital of the district and province of the same name, located in the department of Cajamarca, in northern Peru. It has a population of more than 80 thousand, within an extension of 537.25 square kilometers.
In addition to its classic oils, Jaen offers historical knowledge to those who visit it. Live the journey!