The city of Chimbote, founded on December 6, 1906, is highly appreciated for its beaches and islands. In it, more than half a million people live, being one of the most recognized cities nationwide. Among its main activities, is the visit to monuments, beaches, natural spaces and its most recognized stadium.
In Chimbote, throughout the year, the temperature varies from 15 °C to 24 °C.
Hotels in Chimbote
● Hotel Maresta Lodge
- Jr. Samanco 320, Nuevo Chimbote, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.280.00
- Services: Hotel with spacious, comfortable rooms with a warm touch. It has free Wi-fi, swimming pool, restaurant and laundry service. It is ideal and accessible for people with reduced mobility.
● Hotel Buenos Aires
- Jr. Huambacho 296, Urb Prol. Buenos Aires, Nuevo Chimbote, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.101.00
- Services: Three-star hotel with parking. It has internet, swimming pool and air conditioning. It includes breakfast.
● Hostal Paris
- Urb. Caceres Aramayo Mz. D Lt. 20, Chimbote, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.114.00
- Services: Hostel with parking and illuminated rooms. It offers Wi-fi, air conditioning and laundry service. Smoking is not allowed.
Restaurants & Bars in Chimbote
● Restaurant El Cevichon
- Jr. 160, Prolongacion Leoncio Prado, Chimbote, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.33.00
● Restaurante La Cochera
- Jr. Jose Olaya 413, Chimbote, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.26.00
● Doña Emilia
- Jr. Elías Aguirre 256, Chimbote, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.23.00
Tourist Places in Chimbote
● Manuel Rivera Sanchez Stadium: Sports space, ideal for watching soccer matches with friends or family.
● La Caleta Colorada Beach: A place with access by boat, for sunbathing or swimming.
● White Island: Ideal for walking and diving in the depths of the sea.
Important Dates in Chimbote
● June 29th - Processions to the image of San Pedrito are carried out from the parishes and various cultural activities.
How to move around Chimbote?
● Taxi: A private service that is all around the city.
● Bus: It is economic and its stops can be found in every corner.
How to reach Chimbote from Piura?
The journey time from Piura to Chimbote lasts approximately 10 hours and a half, on a journey of 570 kilometers.
Gastronomy in Chimbote
Gastronomy from this place:
● Causa de pescado
● Caldo de jeta
● Frejolada de pato
Things to buy in Chimbote
Things you can buy as a souvenir:
Chimbote is a Peruvian city located in the department of Ancash. It has more than half a million people, and has an area of 26,565 square kilometers. The magnificent city of Chimbote was founded on December 6, 1906.
In Chimbote you will be able to know the sweetness of the sea and its surroundings, do not hesitate to know it.