Huari is a province within the department of Ancash in Peru. Its official language is Spanish, although Quechua is also widely spoken. This place preserves the archaeological remains of Chavin de Huantar, and is recognized for its exquisite dishes and also for its historical importance.
Huari usually has a cold climate throughout the year, with a peak of heat in August with 11°C, and cold in January and December with 9°C.
Hotels in Huari
● Hostal TINKOJ
- Av. Julio Cesar Tello Norte, Huari, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.117.00
- Services: Cozy hotel with spacious rooms. It offers TV, parking and Wi-fi.
● Hostal Huagancu
- Jr. Sucre 335, Huari, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.64.00
- Services: Child-friendly hotel with spacious Andean-style rooms. It offers Wi-fi, TV and private bathroom with hot water.
Restaurants & Bars in Huari
● Restaurante Turistico Eden
- Jr. Magisterial 275, Huari, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.10.00
● Mi Dulce Secreto
- Av. Magisterial 212, Huari, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.11.00
● Restaurant Peña Campestre El Pacaycito
- Huariamasga, Huari, Ancash, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.15.00
Tourist Places in Huari
● Chavin de Huantar Archaeological Site: Archaeological site that contains ruins and artifacts built in the year 1200 B.C.
● Purhuay Lake: Perfect place to appreciate nature and cool your hands.
● Chavin National Museum: Site with explanations, videos and maps about the Chavin culture.
Important Dates in Huari
● February - The "Carnaval Huarino" unifies dances, tasting of local cuisine, and local art exhibition in one place.
How to move around Huari?
● Taxi: Private service cars that will take you wherever you want.
● Bus: The cheapest means of transportation, whose stops are at various points.
How to reach Huari from Lima?
The duration of the trip from Lima to Huari lasts approximately 10 hours, covering a distance of 478 kilometers.
Gastronomy in Huari
You have to try these:
● Mazamorra de Tocush
Things to buy in Huari
What you can buy to remember Huari:
Huari is one of the provinces located in the department of Ancash, in Peru. It has more than 50 thousand inhabitants, and its surface occupies 3149 square kilometers.
Huari, in addition to having beautiful landscapes, houses history that you should know. Take a bus and visit it!