Chachapoyas, located in Amazonas, was founded in 1538, by Alonso de Alvarado. It comprises one of the most important cities in the Peruvian jungle, and is recognized for its delicious juanes and for housing religious figures. Its main attractions are natural spaces full of flora, but also emblematic sites of religion.
In Chachapoyas, the summers are short and the winters are long. Throughout the year it is cloudy, and the temperature ranges from 9 °C to 23 °C.
Hotels in Chachapoyas
● Hotel Villa De Paris
- Prolongacion Dos de Mayo, Chachapoyas, Amazonas, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.179.00
- Services: Child-friendly three-star hotel. It has Wi-fi and parking. The rate includes breakfast.
● La Casa de los Balcones
- Jr. Triunfo 828, Chachapoyas, Amazonas, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.91.00
- Services: Child-friendly three-star hotel. It has Wi-fi, hot water and transfer from the airport. It includes breakfast.
● La Xalca Hotel
- Jr. Grau 940, Chachapoyas, Amazonas, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.170.00
- Services: Child-friendly three-star hotel. It offers spacious rooms, internet, laundry service and parking. It includes breakfast.
Restaurants & Bars in Chachapoyas
● Restaurant Los Guayachos
- Jr. Higos Urco 169, Chachapoyas, Amazonas, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.25.00
● Amazonika Restaurant
- Jr. Dos de Mayo 642, Chachapoyas, Amazonas, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.22.00
● El Batan Del Tayta
- Jr.La Merced 604, Chachapoyas, Amazonas, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.35.00
Tourist Places in Chachapoyas
● Gocta Waterfall: Place that offers a beautiful view and space to cool off with friends.
● Viewpoint of the Huancas Sonche Canyon: Space that allows you to appreciate the nature in the surroundings.
● Chachapoyas Main Square: Architectural place to eat something and walk, open 24 hours a day.
Important Dates in Chachapoyas
● November 21st - The anniversary of the department where Chachapoyas is located is celebrated with social, cultural and political activities.
● Every Wednesday in November: The vigil of baby Jesus is commemorated on the seven Wednesdays in November before December 24th.
How to move around Chachapoyas?
● Taxi: Private service cars that will take you wherever you want.
● Bus: The cheapest means of transportation, whose stops are at various points.
How to reach Chachapoyas from Cajamarca?
The duration of the trip from Cajamarca to Chachapoyas lasts approximately 8 hours and a half, traveling 330 kilometers away.
Gastronomy in Chachapoyas
Dishes that are a must-try:
● Carne arrollada
● Juanes de yuca
Things to buy in Chachapoyas
Memories not to forget your stay in Chachapoyas:
Chachapoyas, also known as San Juan de la Frontera de los Chachapoyas, is located in the department of Amazonas, in Peru. Around 50 thousand people live in it and it has an extension of 12.3 square kilometers. This beautiful city was founded on September 5, 1538.
In Chachapoyas you will not only find religion, but also Juanes. It is your next destination.