About Terrapuerto Trujillo
Trujillo is a northern city, the third with more inhabitants throughout Peru according to the 2017 National Census. The Spaniards arrived in this territory during the expansion of the viceroyalty, being baptized by Diego de Almagro as "Villa de Trujillo" and then by Pizarro as "Trujillo of New Castile". Until today there are several versions about the date of its foundation, but for events it is used on March 5 as the official date. Trujillo began its independence when General Jose de San Martin, in 1820, invited Jose Bernardo de Tagle to rebel as well. Thus, Trujillo was the first Peruvian city to become independent from Spain.
Time of travel from Terminal Piura to Terrapuerto Trujillo
Between Piura and Trujillo there is a distance of approximately 433 kilometers, so the bus trip takes about 6 hours and 30 minutes, maybe even a little more depending on factors such as the state of the road.
Climate of Terrapuerto Trujillo
The climate of the city of Trujillo is warm, there is almost always a sun heating the city. Therefore, the temperature usually varies between 18°C to 26°C throughout the year. It is rare that it rains in the city of Trujillo, unless it is March.
Hotels in Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Hostal Blue Moon Trujillo
- Rate: From S/49.
- Address: Materiales U, Lt 02, Calle Urbano, 581, Daniel Isidro, Trujillo.
- Services: Located in a quiet area, it has excellent services such as cable TV, WIFI and breakfast.
● Hotel Amoretto
- Rate: From S/81.
- Address: Av Antenor Orrego, Trujillo.
- Services: This hotel offers a garage in case you have traveled in your car. Their rooms have everything you need for a good rest.
Restaurants & Bars in Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Restaurant El Mochica
- Address: Av Juan Pablo II 463, Trujillo.
- Services: A great restaurant that is very close to the center. The seasoning of their dishes will leave you asking for more.
● El Rincon de Vallejo Restaurant Cafe Restaurant
- Address: Jirón Orbegoso 311, Trujillo.
- Services: A great place where you eat the best at a comfortable price.
● El Celler de Cler Restaurant
- Address: Jiron Independencia 588, Trujillo.
- Services: The best barbecues and northern food, so you must come here and try it.
● Calixto Tavern
- Address: Jirón Francisco Pizarro 552, Trujillo.
- Services: This great bar is excellent for its food and delicious alcoholic drinks.
The most tourist places in Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Old Toy Museum: A place that has all kinds of toys with only one characteristic: they are 100 years old or even older than that.
● Garden of the Senses: A project by Raul Silva Yepez located 15 minutes from the city. It has several plants and different fragrances so that the user delights using the sense of smell.
Important city dates of Terrapuerto Trujillo
● National Marinera Contest: It is one of the most anticipated events in northern Peru. The best sailor couples meet to compete and discover who takes the glory.
● Fiesta de la Virgen de Guadalupe: A Trujillo tradition celebrated on December 8. Usually the mass is done early, before 11 am, and the procession at 5 pm.
● Trujillo Independence Anniversary: Every December this historic event is celebrated with different activities such as the military parade, the raising of the flag or the mass.
How to move around Terrapuerto Trujillo?
To move in Trujillo, tourist have 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides a service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have whereabouts, so it goes straight to the desired destination. They can be contacted on the avenue itself, calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Terrapuerto Trujillo?
● Trujillo by bus: You can get to Trujillo by bus as this destination is very popular among Peruvian travelers.
● Trujillo by train: Actualmente no hay un tren que llegue a Trujillo debido a las pocas vías que tiene el Peru.
● Trujillo by plane: The city of Trujillo has the Captain FAP Carlos Martínez de Pinillos International Airport that allows flights to and from several regions of Peru.
Terminals in Terminal Piura and Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Piura Terrestrial Terminal.
● Piura Terminal (Av. Sanchez Cerro).
● Avelino Caceres Terminal
● Trujillo Terrapport.
● South America terminal.
● Juan Pablo terminal.
Operators of the route Terminal Piura to Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Ittsa Bus.