The city of Cusco, located in the department of the same name, was refounded in 1534, by Francisco Pizarro. It is the most recognized tourist city in Peru, and its biggest tourist attraction is Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world. In addition, it is famous for its chocolate, its alpaca fabric and its cheese.
In Cusco, throughout the year it is cloudy and cool, with a temperature that ranges from 0 °C to 19 °C.
Hotels in Cusco
● La Casa de Fray Bartolome
- Av. Tullumayo 465, Cusco, Cusco, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.120.00
- Services: Three-star hotel with an excellent location. It has a restaurant, laundry service, internet and pick up from the airport. The service includes breakfast.
● Apart Hotel Inti Sumaq Wasi Cusco
- Extension Tupac Amaru B-5, Cusco, Cusco, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.67.00
- Services: Child-friendly hotel with spacious rooms. It offers internet, parking and pick up from the airport. It includes breakfast.
● Pariwana Hostel Cusco
- Quera 270, Cusco, Cusco, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.40.00
- Services: Tourist hotel with excellent location. It has a bar, restaurant, Wi-fi and airport pick-up service.
Restaurants & Bars in Cusco
● Piedra & Sal Restaurante
- Carmen Bajo 243, Cusco, Cusco, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.55.00
● Mistura Grill Cusco
- Portal de Panes 137, Cusco, Cusco, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.45.00
● Yaku Restaurant
- Plaza Regocijo 209, Cusco, Cusco, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.50.00
Tourist Places in Cusco
● Machu Picchu: A wonder of the world, the most recognized tourist attraction of the place and the country. Mandatory stop on a visit to Cusco.
● Saqsaywaman: Stone complex made by the Incas, ideal for appreciating the country's past.
● San Pedro Market: A place to shop and find souvenirs for family and friends.
Important Dates in Cusco
● June 24th - At Inti Raymi, the sun is worshiped through the most important local ceremony of the year.
How to move around Cusco?
● Taxi: Private service cars that will take you wherever you want.
● Bus: The cheapest means of transportation, whose stops are at various points.
How to reach Cusco from Ollantaytambo?
The journey time lasts approximately an hour and 40 minutes.
Gastronomy in Cusco
Dishes in Cusco:
● Chiri Uchu
● Sopa de Quinua
Things to buy in Cusco
Things you can buy as a souvenir:
● Alpaca fabric
Cusco is the capital of the department of the same name in southeastern Peru. This welcomes almost half a million people, and has an area of 385.1 square kilometers. It was refounded by Francisco Pizarro on March 23, 1534.
Cusco is home to visual wonders that you will never forget, as well as the best alpaca fabric... Visit it now!