Piura, capital city of the department of the same name, was founded in 1532 by the conquistador Francisco Pizarro. It is recognized for its beaches, waterfalls and deserts, as well as for its seafood and natural attractions. It is located in the north of the country, and includes more than half a million inhabitants.
Piura has a dry and warm climate throughout the year, where the temperature generally varies between 17 °C to 33 °C.
Hotels in Piura
● Casa Andina Premium
- Av. Ramon Mujica, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.262.00
- Services: Five-star hotel with parking. It has an outdoor pool, internet connection, air conditioning and includes breakfast.
● Ayenda Apart La Hacienda
- Las Begonias 136, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.94.00
- Services: Smoke-free hotel. It offers Wi-fi and air conditioning.
● Hotel Sol de Piura
- C. Tacna 761, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.108.00
- Services: Child-friendly two-star hotel with an excellent location. It offers Wi-fi, air conditioning and breakfast.
Restaurants & Bars in Piura
● La Tomasita
- C. Tacna 853, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.48.00
● Don Parce Restaurante
- Jr. Arequipa 943, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.15.00
● Eduardo El Brujo
- Country 815, Piura, Peru.
- Price: From PEN S/.45.00
Tourist Places in Piura
● Sechura Desert: Perfect place to have a fun time with friends and practice sandboard.
● Pocitas de Mancora: Space to relax and take a break, also to enjoy the sun.
● Caracucho Waterfall: Perfect to get rid of the intense heat that can be in Piura, and take beautiful photos.
Important Dates in Piura
● August 7th to 29th - Piura celebrates its anniversary with various activities such as the donkey race, the Piura serenade and the car parade.
How to move around Piura?
● Taxi: A private service that is all around the city.
● Bus: It is economic and its stops can be found in every corner.
How to reach Piura from Jaen?
The duration of the journey from Jaen to Piura lasts approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes, on a 375 kilometer road.
Gastronomy in Piura
Piura has dishes you should eat:
● Cebiche de mero
● La malarrabia
● Seco de cabrito a la norteña
Things to buy in Piura
Souvenirs that you can take from Piura:
Piura is the capital city of the department of the same name in Peru. Around 530,000 people live in it and it has an area of 621.2 square kilometers. This place was founded on August 15, 1532.
For sea, food and flavor, Piura is the solution. Visit it now.