Huaura to Tarapoto Bus
The travel from Huaura to Tarapoto takes about 27 hours by land and it makes a distance of 803 mi (1292 km). Civa is the main transportation company that covers this destination in its itinerary, offering bus tickets from s/. 111 to s/. 142. Buses leave at 6:10 p.m. from Av. San Martín, in Huaura's centre. Their destination is the Av. Salaverry, main road in the centre of Tarapoto. The weather in Tarapoto is warm, with an average temperature of 28 °C. The maximum temperature is 89°F (32 °C) and the minimum is 68°F (20 °C).
Why book a Huaura to Tarapoto bus with redBus?
You can also time-to-time redBus offers while booking your bus tickets online from Huaura to Tarapoto. Follow a simple, fast and secure bus booking procedure. This helps save time and also helps to create a joyful travel experience!
The first farmers that dominated the plains around the Huaura river where the ones that created the original Huaura settlement during pre-hispanic times. The life of this inhabitants was influenced by the rule of the Wari, Chanchay, Chimú and Inca civilization, which expanded to the area. During the Spanish incursion of the XVIth century, the valley was conquered and came to be divided into several encomiendas, although it kept a urban center which will support the spanish families that would come in the future. Viceroy Luis de Velasco gave the town the title of Villa de Carrión de Velasco (1597). The 12th of November of 1820, the Independentist Army arrived in the area with the objective of installing troops in the nearby haciendas. The 27th of november of that same year, Don José de San Martín proclaimed the Independence from the Duke San Carlos Balcony, now known as the Huaura Balcony, near 1 year before of the official proclamation of the Peruvian Independence. The locality of Huaura was declared as historical in 1954, due to the events of the Independence Campaign.
The city was founded in August the 20th 1782 by the Spanish bishop Baltazar Jaime Martinez de Compagnon y Bujanda.In the Suchiche lagoon there was abundant palm tree called Taraputus or barriguda, the name that the bishop took to found the city of Tarapoto.From September the 14th 1906 the city began to be part of the San Martin department, fact that has allowed a great tourist and commercial development.