Ica is located in south central Peru. Located in the narrow valley that forms the Ica river, between the Great Tablazo of Ica and the western slopes of the Andes. It is made up of 5 urban districts and has a population of 305,074 inhabitants. The city of Ica is known for its agriculture and export of products such as grapes, asparagus, cotton, mangoes, avocados, etc. In Ica we can find the Huacachina Oasis, it is located 5 km from the city and is covered by sand dunes, in which you can practice sports such as sandboarding, among others adventure.
In Ica, the summer has a very hot temperature reaching up to 31 ° C. Winter in this city is drier and mostly clear. Throughout the year, the temperature varies from 15 ° C to 28 ° and in winter months it can drop to 12 ° C. In general, the best months to visit this city are from mid-April to mid-November.
Hotels in Ica
The city of Ica is a great option as an adventure destination. You can find many activities to do, in their hotels you will enjoy days of relaxation knowing the culture and products such as wines, avocados or grapes.
Restaurantes & Bars in Ica
Ica is a destination highly visited by tourists, the gastronomy in this place could not fail to be the exception. Be sure to try the carapulcra or dry soup, typical dishes of the city with a lot of flavor and history.
The most tourist places in Ica
● Huacachina Lagoon: It is a natural oasis, palm trees, species and eucalyptus trees surround it. It is one of the best destinations to visit, within the dunes you can find waters where you can bathe and take a boat ride. Ica is located in the middle of the desert, Despite this, it enjoys good weather and throughout the city you can find places to eat and have a good time.If you want to play sports, we recommend practicing sandboarding and rides in sandbox vehicles.
● Paracas: Here is the Paracas nature reserve, as well as the Ballestas Islands, where you can find penguins, dolphins and many birds. During the walk you will see the rock formation known as "La Catedral" and also "El Candelabro". Not only will you find places to go out at night, get ready to practice water sports and paraglide.
● Cachiche: A hamlet located south of the city, also known as "El Pueblo de las Brujas". Its inhabitants point out that it was a meeting place for women with supernatural powers. Do not forget to visit the date tree "The Palm of the 7 heads" and a monument to Julia Hernández, the most famous sorceress in town who has a statue known as "Cache Witch".
Important dates in Ica
● August 15 - Orange Festival in Palpa
● September 08 - Pisco Tourist Week.
● July 16 - Nazca Tourist Week.
How to move around Ica?
To move around Ica, you have 2 options to visit and explore the city.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way to move around the city, most people acquire this form because it is cheaper. As a negative point we could say that it takes a little more time than other means of transport, this is because it has various points as whereabouts which must be reached.
● Taxi: This way is faster to visit places but it is also a little more expensive. Each service you take will take you straight to your destination, it does not have to go through a previous whereabouts.
How to reach Ica?
● Ica by bus: Ica receives daily buses from different companies to its main terminals throughout the city.
● Ica by train: There is no way to get to Ica by train.
● Ica by plane: Currently, Ica does not have an airport to receive tourists from other cities.
Gastronomy in Ica
In the city of Ica, you will try delicious dishes such as:
- Sopa seca
- Chupe de Pallares
Things to buy in Ica
The most typical souvenirs that you can buy in Ica are:
- Clay decorations
- Wood crafts
- Polished stones
The city of Ica is very famous due to its countryside and centers where wine is made. It is found in the most important areas as a wine producer. Products such as tobacco or cotton can also be grown in its valleys.
Marcona and Ica Terminals
● Marcona Terminal
● Ica Terminal
● Terminal El Ovalo
● Lambayeque Street
Visiting the city of Ica is a great travel option. You can do various activities and sports, in addition, you will find wine vines and many products. Accompanied by an excellent climate, Ica is a great adventure and relaxation destination to visit in a few days.