About Terminal Piura
Piura is a city in northern Peru, one of the closest to the Peruvian border with Ecuador. It is known by many other names, but the most important is the "City of carobs" for the abundance of this tree throughout the city. It is also known as "Wandering City" as it has changed location 4 times since it was founded in 1532. This is a city affected by the Coastal Child Phenomenon, a climatic event characterized by heavy rains.
Time of travel from Terminal Terrestre El Chimbador to Terminal Piura
A trip from the El Chimbador Terrestrial Terminal to the Piura Terminal can take up to 9 and a half hours as the bus travels a distance of 561 kilometers. This time is only referential because it is subject to the weather, the state of the road and even the bus stops.
Climate of Terminal Piura
Piura is a city with lots of sun. If you go in summer, it is normal for you to find a very hot destination since the temperature can reach up to 33°C. During this season the rains are more frequent, so it is advisable to carry an umbrella to protect yourself. In winter, the city has a slightly cooler climate, although we still recommend going with summer clothes.
Hotels in Terminal Piura
● Qispi Kay - Hostel and Tours Piura
- Address: Los Cedros 187, Piura.
- Rate: From S/30.
- Services: A very well decorated hotel, perfect for those who have the soul of adventurers.
● Carolina's Hostel
- Address: Mz S Lote 39 Pasaje 2 Urb. Santa Ana, Piura
- Rate: From S/78.
- Services: This small house serves as a hostel and is a very nice place for everyone.
● Hospedaje Miraflores
- Address: Calle Los Diamantes Mz LL Lt 05a Urb Miraflores Castilla-Piura, Piura.
- Rate: From S/115.
- Services: This hotel is just as cozy as a home and the service staff is always willing to collaborate with any questions.
● Hoteles Ic Piura
- Address: Calle los Rosales H1 B Urb. Miraflores.
- Rate: From S/142.
- Services: This is an excellent hotel with elegant decoration. Enjoy great moments here.
● El Angolo
- Address: Fortunato Chirichigno 661, Piura
- Rate: From S/175.
- Services: It is located very close to large museums such as the Vicús Municipal Museum or the Central Reserve Bank Museum.
Restaurants & Bars in Terminal Piura
● La Plaza Bar & Grill Restaurant
- Address: Av. Ramon Mujica S/N, San Euardo, Piura.
- Services: Here you will find several options, although we recommend fusion food and seafood.
● Don Maximo Restaurant
- Address: Avenida H-32, Talara.
- Servicios: A great pizza place that offers the best dishes. Includes options for vegetarians.
● Tayanti Restaurant
- Address: Calle San Ramon S/N, Piura.
- Services: It is an excellent option if you want to eat Latin dishes.
● Clandestino RestoBar Piura
- Address: Auxiliar Andrés Avelino Cáceres 230, Piura.
- Services: Here the fun is guaranteed. Enjoy delicious drinks and the best music all night.
The most tourist places in Terminal Piura
● Sullana: This northern city is perfect if you want to enjoy the sun and visit excellent tourist places. Here you will find the Main Square of Sullana, the Main Church and the Museum.
● Máncora: The favorite place of young peruvians to spend their vacations. The beautiful beaches and the eternal party makes it the perfect place to go with your group of friends.
● Catacaos: It is a place with a lot of artisan culture. Here you can buy excellent works in gold and silver.
Important city dates of Terminal Piura
● Festival of the Lord of Chocán - February 2th: It is one of the most popular religious festivals in Piura and is celebrated with greater force in Sullana. Legend has it that it was carved by a sculptor guided by the gods.
● Talara Week and Fair - March 19th to 26th: It is one of the most anticipated tourist activities by the residents of Talara. Gastronomic fairs and different artistic parades are held.
● Our Lady of the Assumption - August 14th to 15th: On this day the assumption of the Virgin Mary is celebrated, which is a cause of faith for several neighbors of Piura.
● Cotton Festival - September 1th to 9th: This party is held to support cotton producers in Piura, the goal is to plant a total of areas with pima and hybrid cotton seeds.
How to move around Terminal Piura?
To move around in Piura, the tourist has 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or the authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides the service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have stops, so it goes straight to the desired destination. You can contact it on the avenue or by calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Terminal Piura?
● Piura by bus: Since Piura is one of the most important cities in Peru, there are many buses that have it as a destination. If you leave from Lima, the journey can take up to 9 hours.
● Piura by train: There is currently no train arriving in Piura due to the few roads that Peru has.
● Piura by plane: You can get to Piura by plane since in this city is the Guillermo Concha Iberico International Airport. You only need to depart from a destination that also has an airport to make the trip.
Terminals in Terminal Terrestre El Chimbador and Terminal Piura
● Terminal Terrestre El Chimbador
● Terminal del Chira
● Terminal Av. Avelino Cáceres
Operators of the route Terminal Terrestre El Chimbador to Terminal Piura
● Tour Las Dunas
● Ittsa Bus