About Terminal Piura
Founded as "San Miguel de Piura", Piura is a city in northern Peru, located in the homonymous department. It is a city where culture is very important, which is why there are different museums of history and religious art. This is why it is known as "the City of Museums." Although the date of its foundation is still under discussion, it is usually celebrated on August 15th in honor of the Virgin of the Assumption.
Time of travel from Chimbote to Terminal Piura
To get to Piura from Chimbote you must take a trip from 9 to 10 hours because the distance between both places exceeds 500 kilometers. It should be clarified that this time may vary depending on the chosen bus operator.
Climate of Terminal Piura
The summer season in Piura covers the months of January, February, March and April. During this time, the temperature varies between 24°C and 33°C, so Piura is a very hot city. In the winter season the situation does not change much, although the weather becomes a little cooler because the temperature varies between 17°C and 27°C.
Hotels in Terminal Piura
● Hospedaje Kira's House
- Address: Lima 189, Piura.
- Rate: From S/60.
- Services: A simple but complete service so you don't miss anything during your days in Piura.
● Conafovicer Piura
- Address: Jr. E 536, Urbanización, San Ramon, Piura.
- Rate: From S/81.
- Services: Find amazing rooms at a good price and enjoy the outdoor swimming pool and restaurant.
● Mango Verde Bed & Breakfast.
- Address: Country 248, Piura.
- Rate: From S/135.
- Services: A simple hotel where nature prevails.
● Suite Apart Miraflores
- Address: Andrés Avelino Cáceres 30, Piura.
- Rate: From S/169.
- Services: A hotel that has very comfortable rooms. The reservation includes a cold bar, air conditioning and Netflix.
● Hotel Gran Palma Piura
- Address: Av. Luis Montero 307, Piura
- Rate: From S/198.
- Services: Enjoy the spacious rooms and one of the best services in all of Piura. It also has an outdoor pool.
Restaurants & Bars in Terminal Piura
● El Chalan Restaurant
- Address: Tacna 520, Piura.
- Services: Try here the best artisanal ice creams in Piura.
● La Tomasita Restaurant
- Address: Tacna 853, Piura.
- Services: An excellent place to try Piura seafood.
● Paprika Piura Restaurant
- Address: Av. Loreto 649, Piura.
- Services: A fancy restaurant to try Peruvian dishes as well as vegan options.
● Makala Bar
- Address: Jirón Arequipa 986, Piura.
- Services: A small but cozy bar that serves the best drinks of Piura.
The most tourist places in Terminal Piura
● Chulucanas: Also called "land of artisans", it is a very popular district among travelers due to its crafts.
● The Huaringas: These 14 lagoons in the province of Huancabamba are excellent for curing the body of various diseases, so it is recommended that everyone go there to bathe.
● Aypate: This archaeological complex was built by the Incas and it is a structure completely made of stone.
Important city dates of Terminal Piura
● Jubilee Week of Piura - October 1th to 9th: An important week in Piura because it is a great tourist attraction. The important day is the 8th since on this day there is a colorful parade.
● Carnivals of Piura - March 24th to 30th: Carnivals are tradition in Peru. In Piura, different water games are made to bring joy to the city.
● Feast of the Lord of Ayabaca - October 15th: During this day, a procession is carried out with the figure of the Lord of Ayabaca. Flower and sapphire rugs are prepared to brighten and purify the path you are traveling.
How to move around Terminal Piura?
To move around in Piura, the tourist has 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or the authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides the service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have stops, so it goes straight to the desired destination. You can contact it on the avenue or by calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Terminal Piura?
● Piura by bus: Since Piura is one of the most important cities in Peru, there are many buses that have it as a destination. If you leave from Lima, the journey can take up to 9 hours.
● Piura by train: There is currently no train arriving in Piura due to the few roads that Peru has.
● Piura by plane: You can get to Piura by plane since in this city is the Guillermo Concha Iberico International Airport. You only need to depart from a destination that also has an airport to make the trip.
Terminals in Chimbote and Terminal Piura
● Terminal Terrestre El Chimbador
● Terminal del Chira
● Terminal Av. Avelino Cáceres
Operators of the route Chimbote to Terminal Piura
● Tour Las Dunas
● Ittsa Bus