About Terrapuerto Trujillo
Trujillo, also called "The National Capital of the Marinera", is one of the most important cities in Peru. It is located in the north, within the department of La Libertad. During the viceroyalty, it became very important in the administrative affairs of the north, which made the economy gradually improve. During the year 1820, Jose de San Martin communicated with Jose Bernardo de Tagle, he wanted the north to also join the independence process. That was how Trujillo joined the cause, surprisingly becoming the first independent city in Peru in 1821.
Time of travel from Terminal Terrestre Cajamarca to Terrapuerto Trujillo
From Cajamarca to Trujillo there is a distance of 299 kilometers that can be traveled in approximately 5 hours with 50 minutes. This time is only an estimate and may vary, so we recommend you always ask the transport company before departing.
Climate of Terrapuerto Trujillo
Trujillo is known for being a city with hot weather, where the sun is so strong. The best time to travel is between July and early November, since the weather is cool and the temperature does not rise to more than 22°C.
Hotels in Terrapuerto Trujillo
● ENKANTA Guest House
- Price: From S/41.
- Address: Jirón Independencia 341, Trujillo.
- Services: Enjoy an excellent hotel that has shared and private rooms. Excellent if you are looking to save money.
● Hotel Ruta del Sol
- Price: From S/78.
- Address: Cavero y Muñoz 819, Trujillo.
- Services: A great cheap accommodation that offers excellent services.
● Solari Hostel
- Price: From S/132.
- Address: Jiron Diego de Almagro # 715, Trujillo.
- Services: An excellent place to rest as it has an excellent staff service that will help you at all times.
● Hotel Van Gogh
- Price: From S/160.
- Address: Natasha B 33, in front of the UPAO tower, Trujillo.
- Services: This hotel is one of the best in Trujillo. Enjoy flat screen TV and free WIFI here.
● Hotel El Gran Marques
- Price: From S/208.
- Address: Calle Diaz de Cienfuegos 145, Trujillo.
- Services: Excellent hotel to rest with many luxuries. They have an outdoor pool and a great restobar.
Restaurants & Bars in Terrapuerto Trujillo
● La Collpa Restaurant
- Services: Excellent service and delicious dishes that will leave you full.
● Savia Madre Restaurant
- Address: Jiron Gregorio Delgado 374, Tarapoto.
- Services: A place that serves natural and very healthy food, excellent if you are on a diet.
● Chifa Canton Restaurant
- Address: Jr. Ramon Castilla 154, Tarapoto.
- Services: The service staff here is very friendly and the food is exquisite.
● YuracYana Pisco Bar
- Address: Jr. San Pablo de la Cruz 320, Tarapoto.
- Services: If you want fun, this place is the one.
- Address: Jiron Lamas 222, Tarapoto.
- Services: Although alcoholic drinks are a bit expensive, we assure you that they are delicious.
The most tourist places in Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Balneario de Huanchaco: One of the best beaches that can be found in northern Peru. Surf lovers come here because of the incredible waves.
● El Brujo Archaeological Complex: This is a very popular complex among Peruvians and is located in the Magdalena de Cao district. Admission costs S/10.
● Cañoncillo Forest: A great natural environment that is located 120 kilometers from Trujillo. In addition to the incredible view, you will also see many birds.
Important city dates of Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Festival of Señor de la Piedad: From January 25 to 29 this celebration takes place in Simbal. His imam arrived at the town of Simbal 411 years ago, becoming his Patron Saint.
● Valentine's Day: The earthquake that occurred 398 years ago is the reason that this saint is venerated.
● Pineapple Festival: This peculiar celebration is held at the Plaza de Armas in the Poroto district where pineapple tastings of the most recent harvest are offered.
How to move around Terrapuerto Trujillo?
To move in Trujillo, tourist have 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides a service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have whereabouts, so it goes straight to the desired destination. They can be contacted on the avenue itself, calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Terrapuerto Trujillo?
● Trujillo by bus: You can get to Trujillo by bus as this destination is very popular among Peruvian travelers.
● Trujillo by train: Actualmente no hay un tren que llegue a Trujillo debido a las pocas vías que tiene el Peru.
● Trujillo by plane: The city of Trujillo has the Captain FAP Carlos Martínez de Pinillos International Airport that allows flights to and from several regions of Peru.
Terminals in Terminal Terrestre Cajamarca and Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Cajamarca Terrestrial Terminal.
● South America terminal.
● Nicolas De Pierola Terminal.
Operators of the route Terminal Terrestre Cajamarca to Terrapuerto Trujillo
● Royal Palace.
● Transportes Mendo.