About Tambo Grande (piura)
Tambo Grande, also written many times as Tambogrande, is a district of the department of Piura that was created in 1840. It is a well-known district of the north because here a mining referendum was held in 2002, which would be not only the first one in Peru but also in the world.
Time of travel from Terminal Plaza Norte to Tambo Grande (piura)
The road from the Plaza Norte terminal to Tambo Grande takes around 16 hours. Of course, this will depend on the transport company, as well as the route.
Climate of Tambo Grande (piura)
Tambo Grande is a place to enjoy the sun, here the sun never stops. We recommend you go in the cooler season, which is between June and November. In these months the average temperature is 23°C. It is also a time of little rain, so you can enjoy more.
Hotels in Tambo Grande (piura)
● La Choza
- Address: Tambo Grande #20201, Piura.
- Services: This hotel is one of the few that has an outdoor pool for you to enjoy.
● El Diamante.
- Address: Calle Puno #353, Chulucanas.
- Services: A little hotel but with amazing services for its economic price.
Restaurants & Bars in Tambo Grande (piura)
● "La Choza" Restaurant
- Services: A family restaurant that also has lodging and outdoor pool. The clients can refresh at the pool while they wait for the food.
● "Mi Lupita" Restaurant
- Address: Jirón Lima #788, Tambo Grande.
- Services: You can share your dish with another person because the restaurants serves a lot.
● "El Tambo" Restaurant
- Address: 9 de Noviembre Avenue, Tambo Grande.
- Services: There is nothing as trying marine food and sea food here.
● "El Palmero" Bar
- Address: Ignacia Schaeffer Avenue #229, Tambo Grande.
- Services: Here you can have a good time with your friends while drinking good bears.
The most tourist places in Tambo Grande (piura)
● Peroles de Peñarol: A perfect adventure with nature. This place has a great river where you can bathe or dive.
● Algarrobo Rey: This place is perfect for resting or having a picnic. In the center is a carob tree that has accompanied the place for 600 years.
● Ereo Hill: Tourists come here to try to find supernatural activity, as the legend tells that strange events occur on this mountain.
Important city dates of Tambo Grande (piura)
● Captive Lord of Ayabaca: It is celebrated every October 12th and 13th, it is one of the most important holidays. On the central day, the figure of the saint comes out and walks through Tambo Grande to give his blessing.
● San Martín de Porres: This saint is venerated for 4 days, from November 1 to 4. The most waiting day is 4 because a castle is built with firecrackers, which is lit at night.
● Lord of Miracles: The saint is celebrated throughout October, so there is a procession where the figure of the saint walks throughout Tambo Grande.
How to move around Tambo Grande (piura)?
To move around in Tambo Grande, the tourist has 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or the authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides the service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have stops, so it goes straight to the desired destination. You can contact it on the avenue or by calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Tambo Grande (piura)?
● Tambo Grande by bus: Because Tambo Grande is known and popular place among tourist, different bus operators have Tambo Grande as a destination. You can still consult the bus operator of your preference to see if they a direct route.
● Tambo Grande by train: There is currently no direct route to Tambo Grande, so going to Tambo Grande by train is not yet possible.
● Tambo Grande by plane: It is still not possible to go directly to Tambo Grande by plane. However, you can travel to Piura by plane, landing at the Guillermo Concha Iberico International Airport, and taking a bus from here to Tambo Grande.
Terminals in Terminal Plaza Norte and Tambo Grande (piura)
● Av. Luna Pizarro.
● Terminal Piura.
Operators of the route Terminal Plaza Norte to Tambo Grande (piura)
● Sullana Express.