About Tambo Grande (piura)
Tambo Grande is a district located in Piura, in the northern region of Peru. It is a district of historical importance because it was here that the first communal mining referendum was held worldwide. In reference to this, it is a district that seeks to become a protected area in order to protect its lands from mining pollution. Its economy revolves around the production of lemons, mangoes and carob trees.
Time of travel from Puente Piedra to Tambo Grande (piura)
The trip from Tambogrande to Puente Piedra takes about 15 hours and 16 minutes. However, keep in mind that this time may vary depending on the route.
Climate of Tambo Grande (piura)
The climate in Tambo Grande is hot and the sun is almost always present. The hottest season occurs between the months of December and May, where the temperature reaches 33°C. That is why most tourists prefer to visit it between June and November, which is when the average temperature mantains at 23°C.
Hotels in Tambo Grande (piura)
● La Choza
- Address: Tambo Grande #20201, Piura.
- Services: This hotel is near the Captain Guillermo Concha Iberico International Airport and it has an outdoor pool for you to enjoy.
● El Diamante.
- Address: Puno #353, Chulucanas.
- Services: This little hotel is great for those who want an economic option with the basic services.
Restaurants & Bars in Tambo Grande (piura)
● "Piura" Restaurant
- Address: Jirón Piura #281, Tambo Grande.
- Services: It is a family restaurant that offers excelent northen dishes. You can find it very close to the center.
● "Al Paso" Restaurant
- Address: Froilan Alama Avenue, Mz. S Lt.4, Tambo Grande.
- Services: This little sea food restaurant has incredible dishes as the ceviche or sea food.
● "Puerto del Valle" Restaurant
- Address: Andres Rázuri Avenue, Tambo Grande.
- Services: This restaurant has nothing to envy another one. You can try here amazing sea food.
● "El Palmero" Bar
- Address: Ignacia Schaeffer Avenue #229, Tambo Grande.
- Services: The variety of drinks here is beyong imagination, which is why your friends and you will have a good night.
The most tourist places in Tambo Grande (piura)
● Pedregal: Located at 12 kilometers from the Peñarol district, it is a perfect tourist destination for nature lovers. Everyone can swim in the natural pool.
● The hill of Ereo: It is a place with paranormal activity, so many tourists venture to travel this mountain after 6 P.M to see if they can discover something.
● Algarrobo Rey: The main attraction of this place is a large tree with almost 300 meters high. The neighbors say it has been planted for more than 600 years.
Important city dates of Tambo Grande (piura)
● 12th and 13th of October: In these two days, the Captive Lord of Ayabaca is celebrated. His figure travels the streets of Tambo Grande during the procession.
● October: In this month, the whole Peru celebrates the Lord of Miracles. His figure leaves the temple and returns only at the end of the month. Some have the honor of being the house of the figure of the Lord of Miracles during these days.
● 1th to 4th of November : The festival of San Martín de Porres is one of the most anticipated by the citizens of Tambo Grande. On the last day there is a fireworks game.
How to move around Tambo Grande (piura)?
To move around in Tambo Grande, the tourist has 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or the authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides the service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have stops, so it goes straight to the desired destination. You can contact it on the avenue or by calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Tambo Grande (piura)?
● Tambo Grande by bus: Because Tambo Grande is known and popular place among tourist, different bus operators have Tambo Grande as a destination. You can still consult the bus operator of your preference to see if they a direct route.
● Tambo Grande by train: There is currently no direct route to Tambo Grande, so going to Tambo Grande by train is not yet possible.
● Tambo Grande by plane: It is still not possible to go directly to Tambo Grande by plane. However, you can travel to Piura by plane, landing at the Guillermo Concha Iberico International Airport, and taking a bus from here to Tambo Grande.
Terminals in Puente Piedra and Tambo Grande (piura)
We currently do not have this information.
Operators of the route Puente Piedra to Tambo Grande (piura)
Currently we do not have operators that go to this route.