About Terminal Tarapoto
Tarapoto is a city located in the jungle region, exactly in the department of San Martin, and is made up of 5 districts (Tarapoto, Juan Guerra, Morales, Cacatachi and La Banda de Shilcayo). This land was discovered by the Hanan Chancas and Pocras, who arrived here after fleeing from the Incas. Later, the Spanish heard about "El Dorado", a mystical place where everything was gold, and went to the jungle to look for it. Little is known about how and why it was founded, but by 1782 it was a town that already existed and already had the name "Tarapoto".
Time of travel from Pedro Ruiz to Terminal Tarapoto
If you decide to travel by bus from Pedro Ruiz to Tarapoto, the estimated travel time is approximately 6 hours. Remember that this time may vary depending on the bus stops and the weather.
Climate of Terminal Tarapoto
Tarapoto is a very hot city due to its tropical climate. Here the days are usually hot and sultry, with a maximum temperature of 34°C. Rain is frequent here, especially in the summer months (February, March and April).
Hotels in Terminal Tarapoto
● Hostel Tambo Andina
- Rate: From S / 39.
- Address: Jr. Camila Morey 452, Tarapoto.
- Services: A small and comfortable hotel that has a very attentive and friendly staff service.
● Dream Palace Accommodation
- Rate: From S / 66.
- Address: Jr. Augusto B Leguia 446, Tarapoto.
- Services: A 3-story hotel that has comfortable and well decorated rooms. There is a fan for each room.
● Country House "Apu Samay"
- Rate: From S/91.
- Services: An excellent place with an outdoor pool to enjoy the heat of Tarapoto.
● Hotel Sueño Tropical - Tarapoto
- Rate: From S/134.
- Address: Jr. Alegría Arias de Morey 579, Tarapoto.
- Services: A great hotel with buffet breakfast and outdoor pool.
● Coconut Tarapoto - Eco Bungalows & Lagoon Pool
- Rate: From S/284.
- Address: Av. Oasis 399, Tarapoto.
- Services: Here are offered small cabins that serve as rooms and an excellent outdoor swimming pool.
Restaurants & Bars in Terminal Tarapoto
● La Patarashca Restaurant
- Address: Jiron Lamas 261, Tarapoto.
- Services: If you want to enjoy an excellent lunch with family or friends, then this restaurant is the best option.
● Chalet Venezia Restaurant
- Address: Jiron Alegria Arisa de Morey, Tarapoto.
- Services: Enjoy excellent Peruvian dishes here and eat only the best.
● Brava Grilled Restaurant
- Address: Jirón San Martín 615, Tarapoto.
- Services: You can find the best burgers here, so you can’t miss this restaurant.
● Warmi Bar Tarapoto
- Address: Jr. San Pablo de la Cruz 244, Tarapoto.
- Services: Here you can enjoy live music and a some beers with your friends.
● Musmuqui Bar Tarapoto
- Address: Jr. Alegría Arias de Morey 173, Tarapoto.
- Services: Relax and have a lot of fun in this place where fun is guaranteed.
The most tourist places in Terminal Tarapoto
● Ahuashiyacu Waterfall: One of the most popular waterfalls in the Peruvian Jungle. The road is short, only 15 minutes from the city if you go by car, and then you must do a walk of another 15 minutes. There’s a small pool where you can bathe if you want to.
● Isla Bonita: A spectacular recreation site that is located outside the city. Not only is there an outdoor pool, they also have all kinds of fields for children to play.
● San Mateo Thermal Baths: They are a series of swimming pools that contain thermal water that descends from the mountain. One recommendation is to go during the weekdays to avoid finding everything full.
Important city dates of Terminal Tarapoto
● Feast of San Juan Bautista: Held on June 23 and 24, it takes place every year so that nature remains strong and the water arrives purified.
● Carnival of Lamas: It is a very important event because traditional ones such as Changanakuy are revived, which is a type of dance between men and women.
● Tarapoto Tourist Week: It lasts from July 14 to 20 and is a very important week for Tarapoto tourism. Among all the activities carried out, the gastronomic fairs and the colorful parades stand out.
How to move around Terminal Tarapoto?
To move in Tarapoto, tourist have 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides a service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have whereabouts, so it goes straight to the desired destination. They can be contacted on the avenue itself, calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Terminal Tarapoto?
● Tarapoto by bus: Arriving in Tarapoto by bus is possible, you just have to choose the transport company you trust and check that Tarapoto is your destination.
● Tarapoto by train : There is currently no train arriving in Tarapoto due to the few rails available in Perú.
● Tarapoto by plane: You can go to Tarapoto by plane, just check if you are near a city with an airport that has connection with the Guillermo del Castillo Paredes International Airport.
Terminals in Pedro Ruiz and Terminal Tarapoto
We currently do not have this information.
Operators of the route Pedro Ruiz to Terminal Tarapoto
We currently do not have this information.