About La Victoria
The district of La Victoria was born around the year 1853 thanks to the creation of the Lima-Chorrillos and Lima-Callao Railway. Due to the new mode of transportation, this territory is gradually populated, and later it acquires the name "La Victoria" because of Mrs. Victoria Tristán de Echenique, who donated this territory so that people could live here peacefully.
Studies on the plans of the city of Lima show that La Victoria was the district that should originally have been the center, but in the end this was not carried out. Nowadays, however, La Victoria is a very popular district in the city due to "Gamarra", a commercial and industrial place where the textile industry has developed.
Time of travel from Centro to La Victoria
Going from the city center of Lima to La Victoria is a route of approximately 30 minutes. Keep in mind that this time may vary depending on the traffic at the time of the trip, unforeseen events (such as closed streets) and the stops that the bus will make during the journey. To know the exact time, the traveler is recommended to ask directly the company with which he will make his transport.
Climate of La Victoria
The climate of the La Victoria district is one of the coolest that can exist. The summer season occurs between mid-December and mid-March, when the sun is present and the weather is warm. During the winter season, which occurs between June and September, the temperature drops and strong winds abound, so the weather can turn cold in the afternoon.
Hotels in La Victoria
● Victoria Grandma
- Rate: From S / 61.
- Services: It is a great hotel that has an excellent castle decoration and has comfortable facilities.
● Hostal GQ
- Rate: From S / 81.
- Services: A comfortable hostel that has several floors and comfortable and spacious rooms for everyone to rest wonderfully.
● 1900 Backpackers Hostel
- Rate: From S / 115.
- Services: A large Victorian house that has been remodeled to serve as a hostel.
● Mega Hotel
- Rate: From S / 129.
- Services: It is a large building. The staff at this place is friendly and will make you feel right at home.
● Hotel Anthony's
- Rate: From S / 152.
- Services: One of the best hotels in the area, it has all the possible comforts (including Jacuzzi).
Restaurants & Bars in La Victoria
● Restaurant La Buena Muerte
- Address: Luis Aldana 127.
- Services: Here you can try excellent marine dishes as well as Creole dishes from the north.
● La Marea Restaurant, Fish and Seafood
- Address: Santa Catalina 006.
- Services: Ceviche is their specialty, so all travelers who come here should taste this dish.
● La Chaucalla
- Address: Luis Giribaldi 839.
- Services: The chef cooks excellent Creole and northern dishes, so you can always order these because you will never be disappointed.
● Golden Bar
- Address: Av Nicolás Arriola 393.
- Services: A somewhat hidden but very popular bar due to its good music and excellent atmosphere.
The most tourist places in La Victoria
● Emporio Comercial de Gamarra: It is the nucleus of the textile industry in Peru. It has different stores where both fabrics and clothing are sold. It is a place for both retailers and wholesalers.
● Our Lady of Victories Church: Located on Iquitos Avenue, it is a Victorian-style church that acquires great importance during the month of October, since the Lord of Miracles rests in that month.
● Huaca Santa Catalina: Here you can find a step pyramid that fulfilled different functions during ancient times. Today it has a small museum next to it and is the venue for different activities.
Important city dates of La Victoria
● Lima Anniversary - January 18: During this day, the capital of Peru is worshiped, for which cultural activities are carried out for adults, youth and children.
● National Holidays - July 27 to 29: It is celebrated throughout Peru and is very popular because these days are considered holidays, so everyone can enjoy the activities and shows.
● Day of the Creole Song - October 31: It is a day where young people enjoy Creole music. Parties are held and typical Lima desserts are eaten.
How to move around La Victoria?
To move around in La Victoria, the tourist has 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or the authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides the service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have stops, so it goes straight to the desired destination. You can contact it on the avenue or by calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to La Victoria?
● La Victoria by bus: Getting to La Victoria by bus is very simple. Since La Victoria is a district within the city of Lima, it is important to ensure that the bus arriving in the city of Lima has a landing point here .
● La Victoria by train: Currently there is no train that reaches La Victoria due to the few tracks that Peru has.
● La Victoria by plane: At the moment it is not possible to get to the La Victoria district by plane, but you can land in Callao thanks to Jorge Chávez Airport and from there take a bus or taxi to La Victoria.
Terminals in Centro and La Victoria
We currently do not have this information.
Operators of the route Centro to La Victoria
- GM Internacional.