Located in the Huánuco region, Aucayacu is a town that lies between the Andes Mountains and the Cordillera Azul National Park. The name was given by the Incas due to a Quechua word, "auca", with which they referred to those who lived on this land. Later, in 1948, the term would be collected by the German Hans Victor Langemak Michelsen to officially name these lands.
Time of travel from La Victoria to Aucayacu
Going from the district of La Victoria to Aucayacu is simple, it is a trip of at least 12 hours. A tourist attraction that intersects during the journey is the Junín National Reserve. Keep in mind that travel time may change depending on the weather conditions of that day.
Climate of Aucayacu
Aucayacu has a tropical climate, which means that there is a lot of heat here and rain falls for most of the year. The maximum temperature is 31°C and occurs in December, although it is usual for Aucayacu to reach 30°C throughout the year. The rainiest season occurs in the interval from December to March, so if you travel during this period you must carry an umbrella.
Hotels in Aucayacu
● Hotel Titos Aucayacu
- Address: Jr. Próceres 112, Aucayacu.
- Services: A hotel of excellent service and at a very good price. Recommended for all travelers.
● Pukka Shungo
- Address: Km 22 carretera Fernando Belaunde Terry, Huanuco.
- Rate: From S/202.
- Services: A place to rest in the middle of the lagoon. Enjoy nature like never before.
Restaurants & Bars in Aucayacu
● Lucho's Restaurante.
- Address: Avenida Las Americas 560, Huánuco.
- Services: Enjoy the best food of Huánuco here at affordable prices.
● La Sazon de Fely
- Address: Jr. Aucayacu 268, Huánuco.
- Services: Here you will find breakfast, lunch and dinner at a very comfortable price.
The most tourist places in Aucayacu
● Laguna Los Milagros: This lagoon has its origin thanks to the Belén hill. It has an area of approximately 40 thousand square meters and around it there are different stores, both for excursions and camping, to make the stay pleasant.
Important city dates of Aucayacu
● Anniversary of Aucayacu - November 11th to 24th: They are 2 weeks of pure celebration because the people remember and celebrate the anniversary of their political creation.
How to move around Aucayacu?
To move around in Aucayacu, the tourist has 2 options: public bus, commonly regulated by the municipality or the authority in charge, or taxi, driven by a citizen who provides the service.
● Public bus: It is the most popular way of transporting within the city, as well as being very economical. The fare, also called a ticket, does not usually go up from S/5 per person. The public bus has different stops where it picks up passengers, so the trip can be a bit slow.
● Taxi: This is the fastest way of transport within the city. It does not have stops, so it goes straight to the desired destination. You can contact it on the avenue or by calling a company or through an application. The rate here is usually higher, usually exceeding S/10.
How to get to Aucayacu?
● Aucayacu by bus: There are many bus companies that go to Aucayacu, a town in the Huánuco region. Starting from Lima, the trip is approximately 10 hours and 30 minutes. However, this time is only average, it may vary.
● Aucayacu by train: There is currently no train arriving in Aucayacu due to the few roads that Peru has.
● Aucayacu by plane: There is still no direct route by plane to Aucayacu. A good option is to travel by air to Tingo María and from here depart to Aucayacu.
Terminals in La Victoria and Aucayacu
● Terminal La Victoria
● Terminal Aucayacu (Jr. Pucallpa 204)
Operators of the route La Victoria to Aucayacu
● GM Internacional.