Civa is one of the main bus companies in Peru. Founded in the Piura in 1971, initially covering the route Piura and Huancabamba as its only itinerary. It started with small trucks that were gradually changing to buses due to the high demand that it began to have, since it already covered more routes throughout Peru.
Currently, Civa is one of the bus operators that has a wider coverage of the country, as it covers destinations in the northern area such as Tumbes, on the border with Ecuador to the southern regions such as Tacna bordering on the border with Chile. Throughout this territory, it manages to reach destinations such as Trujillo, Chiclayo, Mancora, Ayacucho, Piura, Chachapoyas, Moyobamba, Tarapoto, Puno, Cusco, Puerto Maldonado and of course Lima, among many others. Likewise, Civa has routes to Guayaquil in Ecuador with buses that depart daily from Chiclayo, Piura and Sullana.
Civa’s fleet is very varied, all offering air conditioning, on board TV and two bathrooms, one for women and one for men. Additionally, there are double-decker buses with bed seats that recline at 160° on the first level and semi-bed seats on the second. Civa buses also include Wi-Fi and a variety of meals and an on board host, all this depending on the bus model. Between 1999 and 2014, CIVA was the official bus operator of Peru’s Football National Team.
Agencies of Civa in Piura
● Paita, Paita Alta ▶ Address: Av. Miguel Grau N°155 - Paita || Schedule: 08:00 - 21:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 940-498-658 / 073-214-385
●Loreto, Piura ▶ Address: Av. Loreto N° 1401 - Piura || Schedule: 06:00 - 22:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 989-141-658 / 989-140-895 / 073-331-944.
● Castilla, Piura ▶ Address: Av. Guardia Civil s/n - Castilla || Schedule: 06:00 - 22:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 969-714-217.
● Gechisa (Sullana), Piura ▶ Address: Terminal Terrestre de Gechisa Stand 2 (Prolongación Sánchez Cerro s/n) - Piura || Schedule: 06:00 - 22:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 984-118-445 / 073-357-638.
● Canchaque, Piura ▶ Address: Jr. Grau N° 230 - Canchaque (Huancabamba) || Schedule: 08:00 - 20:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 969-714-203
● Huancabamba, Piura ▶ Address: Av. Centenario N° 236 interior 8 (Terminal Terrestre de Huancabamba) - Huancabamba || Schedule: 06:00 - 21:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 989-025-025
● Chulucanas (Morropon), Piura ▶ Address: Jr. Huancavelica Nº 565 - Chulucanas || Schedule: 07:30 - 21:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 969-714-201 / 073-378-582
● La Matanza (Morropon), Piura ▶ Address: Av. Faustino Sanchez Carrión N°241 - La Matanza || Schedule: 07:00 - 18:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 989-319-446
● Morropon, Piura ▶ Address: Calle Cajamarca Nº 501 - Morropón || Schedule: 07:00 - 19:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 969-714-208 / 073-369-410
● Paita Terminal, Piura ▶ Address: Av. 5 de Febrero Mz. A Lt. 5 Asentamiento Humano Hnos. Carcamo (Colan) - Paita || Schedule: 08:00 - 17:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 969-714-210 / 073-214-385
● Mancora (Talara), Piura ▶ Address: Piura ; Av. Piura Nº 472 - Máncora || Schedule: 08:30 - 19:45 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 969-714-207 / 073-258-086
● Talara, Piura ▶ Address: Av. Ignacio Merino F-1- Pariñas || Schedule: 07:00 - 18:30 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 073-381370 / 073-387-662 / 940-498-659.
Civa Piura – Phones Numbers
· EL BOSQUE TERMINAL, PIURA - Telephone: 418-1111.
Civa Piura - Address:
▶ LORETO TERMINAL, PIURA - Address: Av. Loreto 1401.
▶ EL BOSQUE TERMINAL, PIURA - Address: Av. Guardia Civil S / N Urbanización El Bosque Castilla, Stand 01.
Amenities of Civa
160° Reclining Seats, 140° Reclining seats, Bathrooms, On Board Attention, USB Chargers, eTicket, Wifi, GPS, TV.
Destinations from Civa Terminal in Piura
1. Piura - Máncora
It has 16 regular departures, at times ranging from 01:00, 08:30, 10:30 to 23:40 the last departure, with a travel time of 3.5 hours, at a regular price of S /. 23 according to seat recline, Service: Econóciva Plus, 1-level bus with 46 seats.
2. Piura - Lima
It has 10 regular departures in 3 different services, at 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 20:00 with a travel time of 17.5 hours, at a regular price of between S / .50, S / .70 , S / .90, S / .110 and S / .130 according to type of service and seat recline, services: Econóciva, Superciva and Excluciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 42 and 32 seats respectively.
3. Piura - Huaura
It has 2 regular departures in 2 different services, at 16:00 and 17:00, with a travel time of 14 hours, at a regular price of between S / .50, S / .70 and S / .90 depending on type service and seat recline, Services: Econociva and Superciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 56 and 54 seats respectively.
4. Piura - Guayaquil
It has 1 regular service, at 7:30 p.m., with a travel time of 11.5 hours, at a regular price of S /. 80 and S /. 100 depending on seat recline, Service: Superciva, 2-level buses with 54 seating.
Piura is a city located in the Sechura Desert in the northeastern part of Peru and the capital of the Piura Region and the Province of Piura. The population of Piura extends to 500,000 inhabitants. San Miguel de Piura was founded in July 1531, being the third city in South America and the first in Peru to be founded, however its independence occurred on January 4, 1821.
Like every region of northern Peru, Piura stands out for having an important group of native cultures, in this case the Tallanes and the Yungas. These tribes inhabited this territory for a long time until they succumbed against the Spaniards. Previously, Piura was known as The Abundance although nowadays it is usually called The City of Eternal Heat, given its temperature throughout the year. Piura stands out for its gastronomic festivals where seviches and natilla sweets stand out.
How to reach Piura?
● Piura by bus: As Piura is one of the northernmost cities in Peru, it is common for buses that arrive to this city be mostly from this zone, given the proximity. However, there are also several routes from cities from the Pacific Coast such as Chiclayo, Trujillo and of course from Lima. The destinations with which Piura connects can be consulted at www.redbus.pe.
● Piura by train: Traveling by train to Piura is not an option from any other part of Peru, not even from nearby regions.
● Piura by plane: Although Piura has an airport, the trips are not frequent having only a few flights focused mainly on the routes to and from Lima.
The tourist places to see in Piura are:
● Piura’s Plaza de Armas: It is located in the center of the city, just in front of the Main Church, being a meeting place. Inside is "La Pola", an attractive marble monument that refers to freedom. Its architecture consists of a colonial style which makes it perfect for photographing. The abundance of flowers and tamarinds that have been planted since 1870 give this place an indescribable environment. Walking through this area while enjoying an exotic ice creams is the best way to get to know well the Piuran culture
● Admiral Miguel Grau House Museum: It is a tour through the life of the Pacific War’s hero, who was a native from Piura. It is a construction of quincha and adobe that is conserved from the XVIII Century. In this place, which has functioned as a museum since 1964, you can see hallways, spacious rooms, 4 rooms, a library and a garden, characteristic of the architecture of those times. Inside you can see the cradle where Admiral Grau was born, as well as photographs, letters, diplomas, documents and weapons.
● Catacaos Artisan Market is an area that stands out for its handicrafts, straw hats and for works in gold and silver. It is located 12 kilometers from the city of Piura but the possibilities to arrive are quite a lot. This is a great opportunity to buy some kind of souvenir, although just seeing the artisans and potters work is a surprising activity. In this place you can also see San Juan Bautista’s Church, a neoclassical dome with paintings and stained glass that make it look like a replica of the Sistine Chapel.