Civa is one of the main bus companies in Peru. Founded in the Piura in 1971, initially covering the route Piura and Huancabamba as its only itinerary. It started with small trucks that were gradually changing to buses due to the high demand that it began to have, since it already covered more routes throughout Peru.
Currently, Civa is one of the bus operators that has a wider coverage of the country, as it covers destinations in the northern area such as Tumbes, on the border with Ecuador to the southern regions such as Tacna bordering on the border with Chile. Throughout this territory, it manages to reach destinations such as Trujillo, Chiclayo, Mancora, Ayacucho, Piura, Chachapoyas, Moyobamba, Tarapoto, Puno, Cusco, Puerto Maldonado and of course Lima, among many others. Likewise, Civa has routes to Guayaquil in Ecuador with buses that depart daily from Chiclayo, Piura and Sullana.
Civa’s fleet is very varied, all offering air conditioning, on board TV and two bathrooms, one for women and one for men. Additionally, there are double-decker buses with bed seats that recline at 160° on the first level and semi-bed seats on the second. Civa buses also include Wi-Fi and a variety of meals and an on board host, all this depending on the bus model. Between 1999 and 2014, CIVA was the official bus operator of Peru’s Football National Team.
Top Bus Routes From Piura
Piura is a city located in the Sechura Desert in the northeastern part of Peru and the capital of the Piura Region and the Province of Piura. The population of Piura extends to 500,000 inhabitants. San Miguel de Piura was founded in July 1531, being the third city in South America and the first in Peru to be founded, however, its independence occurred on January 4, 1821.
Like every region of northern Peru, Piura stands out for having an important group of native cultures, in this case, the Tallanes and the Yungas. These tribes inhabited this territory for a long time until they succumbed to the Spaniards. Previously, Piura was known as The Abundance although nowadays it is usually called The City of Eternal Heat, given its temperature throughout the year. Piura stands out for its gastronomic festivals where seviches and natilla sweets stand out.
Tourist Places in Piura
● Piura’s Plaza de Armas: It is located in the center of the city, just in front of the Main Church, being a meeting place. Inside is "La Pola", an attractive marble monument that refers to freedom. Its architecture consists of a colonial-style which makes it perfect for photographing. The abundance of flowers and tamarinds that have been planted since 1870 give this place an indescribable environment. Walking through this area while enjoying an exotic ice cream is the best way to get to know well the Piuran culture
● Admiral Miguel Grau House Museum: It is a tour through the life of the Pacific War’s hero, who was a native of Piura. It is a construction of quincha and adobe that is conserved from the XVIII Century. In this place, which has functioned as a museum since 1964, you can see hallways, spacious rooms, 4 rooms, a library and a garden, characteristic of the architecture of those times. Inside you can see the cradle where Admiral Grau was born, as well as photographs, letters, diplomas, documents and weapons.
● Catacaos Artisan Market: Is an area that stands out for its handicrafts, straw hats and for works in gold and silver. It is located 12 kilometers from the city of Piura but the possibilities to arrive are quite a lot. This is a great opportunity to buy some kind of souvenir, although just seeing the artisans and potters work is a surprising activity. In this place you can also see San Juan Bautista’s Church, a neoclassical dome with paintings and stained glass that make it look like a replica of the Sistine Chapel.
Civa's Main Routes in Piura
● Piura to Máncora: It has 16 regular departures, at times ranging from 01:00, 08:30, 10:30 to 23:40 the last departure, with a travel time of 3.5 hours, at a regular price of S /. 23 according to seat recline, Service: Econóciva Plus, a 1-level bus with 46 seats.
● Piura to Lima: It has 10 regular departures in 3 different services, at 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 20:00 with a travel time of 17.5 hours, at a regular price of between S / .50, S / .70, S / .90, S / .110, and S / .130 according to type of service and seat recline, services: Econóciva, Superciva, and Excluciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 42 and 32 seats respectively.
● Piura to Huaura: It has 2 regular departures in 2 different services, at 16:00 and 17:00, with a travel time of 14 hours, at a regular price of between S / .50, S / .70, and S / .90 depending on the type of service and seat recline, Services: Econociva and Superciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 56 and 54 seats respectively.
● Piura to Guayaquil: It has 1 regular service, at 7:30 p.m., with a travel time of 11.5 hours, at a regular price of S /. 80 and S /. 100 depending on seat recline, Service: Superciva, 2-level buses with 54 seating.
Civa's Agencies in Piura
● Paita Alta Agency: 155 Miguel Grau Avenue - Paita
● Loreto Agency: 1401 Loreto Avenue - Piura
● Castilla Agency: S/N Guardia Civil Avenue - Castilla
● Sullana Agency: Gechisa Land Terminal, Stand 2 (S/N Sanchez Cerro extension) - Piura
● Cachanque Agency: 230 Grau Street - Canchaque
● Huancabamba Agency: 236 Centenario Avenue Int. 8 (Huancabamba land terminal) - Huancabamba
● Chuculcanas Agency: 565 Huancavelica Street - Chulucanas
● Morropon Agency: 241 Faustino Sanchez Cerron Avenue - La Matanza
● Morropon Cajamarca Agency: 501 Cajamarca Street - Morropón
● Paita Agency: Mz. A Lt. 5, 5 de Febrero Avenue ( - Paita
● Talara Agency: 472 Piura Avenue - Máncora
● Talara Agency: F-1 Ignacio Merino Avneue - Pariñas
Civa's Telephone Information in Piura
● Paita Alta Agency - Telephone: 940-498-658 / 073-214-385
● Loreto Agency - Telephone: 989-141-658 / 989-140-895 / 073-331-944
● Castilla Agency - Telephone: 969-714-217
● Sullana Agency - Telephone: 984-118-445 / 073-357-638
● Chacanque Agency - Telephone: 969-714-203
● Huancabamba Agency - Telephone: 989-025-025
● Chuculcanas Agency - Telephone: 969-714-201 / 073-378-582
● Morropón Agency - Telephone: 989-319-446
● Morropón Cajamarca Agency - Telephone: 969-714-208 / 073-369-410
● Paita Agency - Telephone: 969-714-210 / 073-214-385
● Máncora Agency - Telephone: 969-714-207 / 073-258-086
● Talara Agency - Telephone:073-381370 / 073-387-662 / 940-498-659.