Civa is one of the main bus companies in Peru. Founded in the Piura in 1971, initially covering the route Piura and Huancabamba as its only itinerary. It started with small trucks that were gradually changing to buses due to the high demand that it began to have, since it already covered more routes throughout Peru.
Currently, Civa is one of the bus operators that has a wider coverage of the country, as it covers destinations in the northern area such as Tumbes, on the border with Ecuador to the southern regions such as Tacna bordering on the border with Chile. Throughout this territory, it manages to reach destinations such as Trujillo, Chiclayo, Mancora, Ayacucho, Piura, Chachapoyas, Moyobamba, Tarapoto, Puno, Cusco, Puerto Maldonado and of course Lima, among many others. Likewise, Civa has routes to Guayaquil in Ecuador with buses that depart daily from Chiclayo, Piura and Sullana.
Civa’s fleet is very varied, all offering air conditioning, on board TV and two bathrooms, one for women and one for men. Additionally, there are double-decker buses with bed seats that recline at 160° on the first level and semi-bed seats on the second. Civa buses also include Wi-Fi and a variety of meals and an on board host, all this depending on the bus model. Between 1999 and 2014, CIVA was the official bus operator of Peru’s Football National Team.
Agencies of Civa in Chiclayo
● Chiclayo, Lambayeque ▶ Address: Av. Francisco Bolognesi Nº 714 - Chiclayo || Schedule: 06:30 - 22:00 hrs. ; ☎ Phone: 979-778-176 / 979-353-234.
● Terminal Chiclayo, Lambayeque ▶ Address: Carretera Panamericana Norte km. 774 - Chiclayo || Schedule: 08:00 - 21:30 hrs ; ☎ Phone: 979-778-178 / 074-320-170.
Civa Chiclayo – Phones Numbers
· CHICLAYO AGENT - Telephone: 979-778-176.
Civa Chiclayo – Address:
▶ CHICLAYO TERMINAL - Address: Carretera Panamericana Norte Km 774 C.H Augusto B Leguia - Terminal Gacela (Former Terminal Marañon).
▶ LAMBAYEQUE TERMINAL - Address: Av. Ramón Castilla N ° 413 - 1er. Floor.
▶ CHICLAYO AGENCIA - Address: Av. Francisco Bolognesi Nº 714.
Amenities of Civa
● Chiclayo ▶ Address: Av. Bolognesi 199, Chiclayo ; ☎ Phone: 074-271940.
Destinations from Civa Terminal in Chiclayo
1. Chiclayo - Lima
It has 5 regular services, at 7:40 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 7:05 p.m., estimated travel time of 13 hours, at prices S / .50, S / .70 and S / .100 depending on type of service and resting seats, services: Econociva, Superciva and Excluciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 54, 42 and 32 seats respectively.
2. Chiclayo - Chachapoyas
It has 3 regular services, at 6:30 p.m., 6:40 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., travel time of 10 estimated hours, at prices S / .40, S / .50 and S / .70 depending on type of service and resting seats, services: Superciva and Excluciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 42 and 32 seats respectively.
3. Chiclayo - Bagua Grande
It has 2 regular services, at 18:30 and 18:40 hours, travel time of 7.5 estimated hours, at a price of S /. 40 depending on seat recline, service: Superciva, buses of 1 level with 42 seats.
4. Chiclayo - Nueva Cajamarca
It has 2 regular services, at 4:30 p.m. and 5:05 p.m., estimated travel time of 12.5 hours, at prices S / .50, S / .70 and S / .90 according to type of service and recline of seats, services : Superciva and Excluciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 42 and 32 seats respectively.
5. Chiclayo - Tarapoto
It has 2 regular services, at 4:30 p.m. and 5:05 p.m., estimated travel time of 16 hours, at prices S / .50, S / .70 and S / .90 according to type of service and recline of seats, services : Superciva and Excluciva, buses of 1 and 2 levels with 42 and 32 seats respectively.
6. Chiclayo - Guayaquil
It has 1 regular service, at 4:00 p.m., estimated travel time of 15 hours, at prices S / .80 and S / .100 depending on seat recline, services: Superciva, 2-level buses with 54 seats. "
Chiclayo is the main city of Lambayeque’s region in the northern part of Peru. It was originally named Santa Maria de los Valles de Chiclayo in the mid-16th century although it is known as a city since April 15, 1835. Frequently, Chiclayo is recognized as the The Friendship Capital or The North Pearl. Chiclayo is located in a place of great prehistoric archeology that belonged to the Wari Empire between the 7th and 12th centuries.
Chiclayo is located 770 kilometers from the city of Lima, the capital of Peru, although it is only 13 kilometers separate it from the beach. Chiclayo is the fourth most populous city in Peru after Lima, Arequipa and Trujillo with a population close to 760,000 people. Likewise, Lambayeque’s region also occupies the fourth most populated Metropolitan Areas area in Peru with a figure that exceeds a million inhabitants.
How to reach Chiclayo?
● Chiclayo by bus: Chiclayo is a popular destination, both by Peruvians and foreigners. The possibilities of arriving by bus from cities such as Lima, Trujillo or Piura are very varied having a large number of schedules each day. Other frequent routes to and from Chiclayo are those that are part of the Lambayeque region.
● Chiclayo by train: Chiclayo does not have a train line with which it can communicate with other regions of Peru.
● Chiclayo by plane: Capitan FAP José A. Quiñones International Airport receives a large number of passengers daily from different regions, mainly from Lima, Trujillo, Tarapoto and Chachapoyas, as well as from Panama City.
The tourist places to see in Chiclayo are:
● The Ruins of Zaña: It is a population located 46 kilometers southeast of Chiclayo. It was a very important city in terms of economy and development at the time of the colony, above many of the current main cities of Peru. However, a strong looting by English pirates in 1686 and the overflow of the Zaña river in 1720 harmed this great city leaving it as the “ghost town” that is currently recognized. In spite of this, the Ministry of Culture of Peru called it Living Repository of the Afro-Peruvian Collective Memory while UNESCO declared it a Site of the memory of slavery and African cultural heritage.
● Balneario de Pimentel: It is undoubtedly one of the most incredible beaches in Peru and one of the most visited. The great popularity is not only due to the spectacular beaches but also the possibility of surfing given the height of its waves, an activity that is very popular in Chiclayo. In the pier of Balneario de Pimentel tourists have the possibility to rent all kinds of boats, mainly sailboats and totora horses. On the boardwalk there's a variety of bars and restaurants to enjoy the view.
● The Royal Tombs of Señor de Sipan Museum: It is just 10 minutes from Chiclayo. Its design is triangular, similar to the ancient truncated pyramids of the pre Inca culture. Inside there is a collection of more than 2000 pieces of gold, jewels, ceramics and funerary accessories. But undoubtedly its great attraction is the tomb of Señor de Sipan, a Mochica ruler from the III Century that was found in 1987. This finding is unique that has been made of a ruler of ancient Peru so far.