Travel by Bus from Bagua Grande to Trujillo
The road journey from Bagua Grande to Trujillo is pleasant and relaxing. At redBus, we work with different bus companies that operate on this route with well-maintained buses and experienced drivers. Although the travel time varies from one bus operator to another because of traffic and climatic conditions, our continuous availability of bus services between Bagua Grande and Trujillo reduces uncertainty and offers convenience for travelers.
Why book a Bagua Grande to Trujillo bus with redBus?
You can also time-to-time redBus offers while booking your bus tickets online from Bagua Grande to Trujillo. Follow a simple, fast and secure bus booking procedure. This helps save time and also helps to create a joyful travel experience!
About Bagua Grande
The former inhabitants of the region called this place Bagual Grande, with the passing of time, the city came to be known as Bagua Grande, current capital of the Utcubamba province. It was created as a district during the Independence campaign, the 12th of February of 1821, and for a long time it remained a rural area, although it has transformed into an active trade hub since the 60’s due to migrations and its strategic location as a gateway to the rainforest areas.
Trujillo was founded in 1534 by Diego de Almagro, under the name “Villa of Truxillo”. With the passing of time Trujillo would consolidate as one of the most important cities of the Peruvian viceroyalty, for being an administrative and commercial center, essential for the colonial system. During the independence period, Trujillo had a relevant role on Peru’s Independence, what gave the surname of “Ciudad Benemérita y Fidelísima a la Patria” (“Meritorious city and Faithful to the Homeland”). Besides that, it was the first city to break free from Spain. During the 19th century, and later that the Moche and Chicama valleys emerged as settlements of the sugar industry and the economy grew, new residents came to the city; mostly were european immigrants, what contributed to the development of a local esthetic, since the constructions took breathing from the neoclassical style.